Non-Profit Organization

Decorating By Cre8iveSue Updated 28 Dec 2011 , 2:58pm by BizCoCos

Cre8iveSue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cre8iveSue Posted 28 Dec 2011 , 2:03pm
post #1 of 3

I am trying to help spread the word about an amazing non-profit I just signed up with. They are called Icing Smiles. They make cakes and treats for critically ill children and their families. I think it is a great idea and I have signed up to be part of it. They want this to spread world-wide so I thought I would post this on here to help spread the word for them. Here is their opening statment on their page icingsmiles.org

"Icing Smiles is a nonprofit organization that provides custom celebration cakes and other treats to families impacted by the critical illness of a child. We understand that the simple things, like a birthday cake, are luxuries to a family battling illness. Our goal is to create a custom cake for the ill child, or their sibling, that provides a temporary escape from worry and creates a positive memory during a difficult time.

Memories have magical powers. Long after the cake is gone, the memories linger-- memories of the kindness of a stranger, of the art of the design, of the sweet smells of a special treat, of the smiles and laughs, of a normal childhood experience so often stolen from these children. These memories are why we say, "It is so much more than a cake."

2 replies
JillyPlot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JillyPlot Posted 28 Dec 2011 , 2:45pm
post #2 of 3

Thank you so much for posting this, as I have been looking for new crafty volunteer opportunities for 2012.

BizCoCos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BizCoCos Posted 28 Dec 2011 , 2:58pm
post #3 of 3

This is a great non profit, I didn't know if they were national or not, thanks for posting.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%