New Technique, Help??

Decorating By majormichel Updated 25 Dec 2011 , 6:39am by soozicake

majormichel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
majormichel Posted 24 Dec 2011 , 4:05pm
post #1 of 8

Inspired by Michelle created this lovely cake. Anyone know how to create the ruffle technique for the second tier.
LL

7 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 24 Dec 2011 , 4:31pm
post #2 of 8

Hi, it looks to me like , she just cut strips of fondant,(thin) folded it in half. and gathered it and glued to sides of cake. It wasn,t ruffled with a tool, it is just gathered. That is what i see , when i enlarge it. hth someone else might have a different view.

DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 24 Dec 2011 , 8:01pm
post #3 of 8

I agree, strips bunched up together and glued to the cake with either water or a dab of royal or better yet, white chocolate for glue. What a gorgeous cake and what a ton of work. Thanks for sharing, so glad I saw it.

aandkidz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aandkidz Posted 24 Dec 2011 , 11:20pm
post #4 of 8

just spitballing......could you do this with stiff icing and a petal tip? Just asking.

majormichel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
majormichel Posted 24 Dec 2011 , 11:44pm
post #5 of 8

Thanks everyone for your response.

Cookie4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie4 Posted 25 Dec 2011 , 4:50am
post #6 of 8

Who is the Michelle that created this beautiful cake? I searched the memberlist here on CC but there were no pics for Michelle (: I want to know how the bottom layer was made - it looks like a cutaway or are those grey dots of icing or fondant on the lace effect? Any ideas? Merry Christmas everyone!

hesacat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soozicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soozicake Posted 25 Dec 2011 , 6:39am
post #8 of 8

Inspired By Michelle is a Sydney cake designer. Very talented. You Tubes are worth a look.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%