Ideas?

Decorating By disneygirl44 Updated 22 Dec 2011 , 8:48pm by Claire138

disneygirl44 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
disneygirl44 Posted 22 Dec 2011 , 1:23am
post #1 of 7

Hey everyone! I was thinking of using my leftover melted chocolate to do chocolate covered almonds. My question is 2 fold: the chocolate has rehardened, can I remelt it? The 2nd is can I use it to cover almonds? The almonds are unroasted and unsalted. Any ideas/suggestions are greatly appreciated! icon_biggrin.gif [/b]

6 replies
dawnybird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawnybird Posted 22 Dec 2011 , 1:47am
post #2 of 7

You can certainly remelt chocolate. Just do it slowly over hot water. I would just drop in the almonds and pick them back out when they're coated and drop onto waxed paper to harden up. If you wanted them to look Christmasy, you could put colorful sprinkles on while the chocolate is still wet.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 22 Dec 2011 , 1:56am
post #3 of 7

If you have a MW oven you can re-melt the choco in there. Just 'zap' it for about 15 seconds; take out and stir it; repeat as many times as you need until it is soft, then just continue to stir it until it is all melted.
Do you want to make individual almonds or clusters?
As the other poster said, just drop the nut in until it is completely covered, then lift out w/a fork and place on plastic wrap or wax paper until the harden - time depends on how warm/cool your room is - but not much more than 15-20 minutes probably.
If you want clusters, then use a spoon to take out 3 or 4 nuts at a time and drop on wax paper/plastic, letting a little extra choco drizzle from the spoon over them.
And personally, I would toast those nuts a bit in the oven 1st.

dawnybird Posted 22 Dec 2011 , 8:33pm
post #4 of 7

I agree with kakeladi about toasting the nuts. Should have mentioned it myself!

dawnybird Posted 22 Dec 2011 , 8:33pm
post #5 of 7

I agree with kakeladi about toasting the nuts. Should have mentioned it myself!

dawnybird Posted 22 Dec 2011 , 8:34pm
post #6 of 7

Oops, sorry for the duplicate!

Claire138 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claire138 Posted 22 Dec 2011 , 8:48pm
post #7 of 7

Hmmm, I could fancy some chocolate covered almonds, think I'll make some. Thanks for the great idea.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%