Pistachio Cardamom Wasc Cake - Does This Exist?

Baking By CiNoRi Updated 30 Nov 2011 , 4:37pm by AnnieCahill

CiNoRi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CiNoRi Posted 29 Nov 2011 , 11:14pm
post #1 of 10

Hi guys,

I have heard how good Pistachio Cardamom cake is, and was hoping to make a WASC recipe for a cake tasting this weekend. Does anyone have a good one? Please help! icon_wink.gif

TIA

9 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 29 Nov 2011 , 11:39pm
post #2 of 10

Does that cake use a mix? If so just follow it, adding the ingredients for my *original* WASC recipe.
You might try using a white or yellow mix; add pistachio pudding mix & 1/3 cup of well chopped nuts along w/cardamom spice.

CiNoRi Posted 29 Nov 2011 , 11:42pm
post #3 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeladi

Does that cake use a mix? If so just follow it, adding the ingredients for my *original* WASC recipe.
You might try using a white or yellow mix; add pistachio pudding mix & 1/3 cup of well chopped nuts along w/cardamom spice.

Does what cake? Did i miss a post?
I am trying to find a WASC recipe variation for Cardamon & Pistachio Cake

QTCakes1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QTCakes1 Posted 29 Nov 2011 , 11:44pm
post #4 of 10

I don't do WASC, but I saw a recipe for it on Edna DeLaCruz's blog site. I think it's called Design Me A Cake.

fabray13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fabray13 Posted 29 Nov 2011 , 11:46pm
post #5 of 10

Pistachio Cardamom - MacsMom 2 pks white cake mix 1 1/2 c (8 oz) pistachios, finely ground 2 1/4 c cake flour 2 c sugar 1 tablespoon ground cardamom 1 tsp salt (omit if nuts are salted) 2 pkgs pistachio pudding 2 c pistachio ice cream, melted 2/3 c water 6 eggs 2 c lemon yogurt 1/4 tsp vanilla extract 1/2 c butter, softened

Very yummy although i was less cardamom because it can be intense. i use cream cheese frosting with it.

CiNoRi Posted 29 Nov 2011 , 11:49pm
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by QTCakes1

I don't do WASC, but I saw a recipe for it on Edna DeLaCruz's blog site. I think it's called Design Me A Cake.

Yeah I saw that one too...I was not sure if the cake traditionally has a caramel flavor (I was hoping to do something along the lines of the cake mentioned on Ace of Cakes (Charm City Cakes recipe) since it is so popular. icon_wink.gif

CiNoRi Posted 29 Nov 2011 , 11:50pm
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabray13

Pistachio Cardamom - MacsMom 2 pks white cake mix 1 1/2 c (8 oz) pistachios, finely ground 2 1/4 c cake flour 2 c sugar 1 tablespoon ground cardamom 1 tsp salt (omit if nuts are salted) 2 pkgs pistachio pudding 2 c pistachio ice cream, melted 2/3 c water 6 eggs 2 c lemon yogurt 1/4 tsp vanilla extract 1/2 c butter, softened

Very yummy although i was less cardamom because it can be intense. i use cream cheese frosting with it.

ooooh cool I totally forgot to check out MacsMom's recipes...I LOVE her!!!

Thanks!!!!

QTCakes1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QTCakes1 Posted 30 Nov 2011 , 12:16am
post #8 of 10

Oh, okay. Well I do have a scratch recipe. Would you like that? From what I can tell MAcsmom always has hit recipes.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 30 Nov 2011 , 1:38pm
post #9 of 10

.........Does what cake? Did i miss a post?
I am trying to find a WASC recipe variation for Cardamon & Pistachio Cake.....

Yes, and that is what I was trying to give you icon_wink.gif The one posted for you is fine if you can use that much batter! My recipe is 1/2 that. http://cakecentral.com/recipes/the-original-wasc-cake-recipe/
then use the additions I mentioned above.

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 30 Nov 2011 , 4:37pm
post #10 of 10

I would definitely use some additional pistachio flavoring because the pudding isn't going to cut it.

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/items/pistachio-flavor-1-oz#reviews

Just use a few drops to boost the flavor, and I would throw in a good cup of chopped toasted pistachios as well. I personally have never baked with cardamom so I can't help you there.

I would start with a white mix and use the whole egg. In the past I have used both versions of the WASC and they work fine for me.

Annie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%