Princess Roasting A Marshmallow

Decorating By RnZmom Updated 12 Dec 2011 , 5:49am by BeccaW40

RnZmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RnZmom Posted 22 Nov 2011 , 3:34am
post #1 of 9

I'm not kidding, I had a mother call today and wants me to come up with a cake that is a princess roasting a marshmallow. Her little girl loves princesses and the party is a bon fire. ANY suggestions you have would be most apprecaited, I am somewhat at a loss on this one.

8 replies
BeccaW40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeccaW40 Posted 22 Nov 2011 , 4:09am
post #2 of 9

If it were my order, I would do a design with a gumpaste princess in a cute pink dress with a couple of friends sitting on logs around a camp fire...then add some rocks and some little twigs, maybe some little critters...then add some adorable little smudges to her cheek and on her dress, seeing it is outdoors

RnZmom Posted 22 Nov 2011 , 3:27pm
post #3 of 9

Thanks for the suggestion. I just thought it was an odd cake request and had no idea which direction to go.

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 22 Nov 2011 , 3:49pm
post #4 of 9

I think it will turn out really cute! Not sure how big of a cake , sheet, stacked etc but you could also do a castle silhouette in the background to add to the princess themeicon_smile.gif

sweetideas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetideas Posted 22 Nov 2011 , 4:13pm
post #5 of 9

How big is it? I could say have the wall of the castle in the back, and the bonfire with the princess and her friends in front with pretty trees and woodland animals. I am sure Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs roasted a mallow or two. icon_smile.gif LOL

cangela4re Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cangela4re Posted 11 Dec 2011 , 9:42pm
post #6 of 9

I see how this could be tricky...hard to wrap your head around any self-respecting princess outside roasting marshmallows when theres a perfectly good castle nearby lol

I agree with the other posters though, put the dress on her so you connect the princess part and show her with some friends/animal friends around a campfire, make them really cute with maybe some trees/forest in the background some "alice in wonderland" looking mushrooms here and there (red tops with white polka dots), a butterfly or two, maybe a hammock somewhere (since we know she isnt sleeping on the ground and the cake probably isnt big enough for a winnebego!)

Maybe you can make it like her prince charming or a cute lil beaver or something is sanding on 2 legs telling stories by the fire...

Would love to see what you end up doing!

RnZmom Posted 12 Dec 2011 , 3:15am
post #7 of 9

Ok the cake is done! Thanks for all your suggestions. Let me know what you think about the end result!

FYI the client LOVED it!

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2226237/

cangela4re Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cangela4re Posted 12 Dec 2011 , 5:11am
post #8 of 9

Turned out adorable! I love your Easter cake too!

BeccaW40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeccaW40 Posted 12 Dec 2011 , 5:49am
post #9 of 9

Awesome...looks great!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%