Cricut Cake Machine 49.95

Decorating By cashley Updated 19 Feb 2012 , 7:11pm by roshon6555

robinmarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robinmarie Posted 6 Dec 2011 , 5:18pm
post #121 of 144

This really a good deal. Seriously contiplating this.

Does anyone know, do regular crickt scraping cartridges work with the cake circuit. Does anyone know how much the extra cartridges cost at regular price?

Thanks for any help

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 6 Dec 2011 , 5:52pm
post #122 of 144

The only thing that touches food procudts is the blade and mat so as long as they are only used for food there is no problem with cross contamination. The cricut cake is a glorified cricut expression. I have both machines and my prefference is the silhousette with the blade and housing that Linda McClure developed for food products.

Marla84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marla84 Posted 6 Dec 2011 , 6:48pm
post #123 of 144

tgress13 - The Silhouette was made for paper crafting too, but like tiggy said, you can get a separate blade/housing for food.

robinmarie - you can use any of the regular Cricut cartridges. Full price they can be anywhere from $50ish-80. I have never paid full price for a cartridge, and have gotten most for under $20. They are usually $15-20 on ebay, or when cricutmachine has sales.

robinmarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robinmarie Posted 6 Dec 2011 , 8:50pm
post #124 of 144

Thanks Maria84!

Jason92s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jason92s Posted 6 Dec 2011 , 9:53pm
post #125 of 144

Just ordered mine using PayPal. Will post back once I get it!

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 6 Dec 2011 , 11:38pm
post #126 of 144

chocopan modeling chocolate works well with the cricut as well as gumpaste and the electronic cutting sheets.

Jason92s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jason92s Posted 7 Dec 2011 , 8:45pm
post #127 of 144

Got my FedEx tracking number today. Scheduled to arrive Friday, so everything looks good so far!

livlou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
livlou Posted 8 Dec 2011 , 6:32pm
post #128 of 144

hi, has anyone who ordered the gypsy got it yet, mine arrived today, it says it comes with 2 cartridges installed, gypsy font and gypsy wanderings, but mine has over 100 cartridges on it already, while this is fantastic and save me a fortune in the future but im not sure if i should be worried why it has them on there. just wondered if anyone else had this?

Its_Cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Its_Cake Posted 8 Dec 2011 , 6:51pm
post #129 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashley

I have bought from them before and never had a problem. It is only a one day sale then the price goes back up.

I took adavantage of this deal after my friend told me about it. It has been this price for about a month now. The ONLY thing I see that is a little weird is that the directions in one of the books are in a different language and that the blade doesn't look like it does in the other Cricuts or in the instruction manual. I played with mine a LITTLE bit this last weekend and it seemed just fine. When I have time I will try some more but as for now...it seems legit.

bmarlow001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bmarlow001 Posted 8 Dec 2011 , 7:07pm
post #130 of 144

Wow!! this makes me wanna cry 8( back in January we were excited to get mine for $250!!

pummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pummy Posted 9 Dec 2011 , 5:26pm
post #131 of 144

Got mine in the mail yesterday. Works great!

Allie06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Allie06 Posted 9 Dec 2011 , 5:51pm
post #132 of 144

=) saw the sale and got one for me and my caking friend! =) They came in the mail this week, but of course have to wait until Christmas!

tiggy2 Posted 9 Dec 2011 , 6:53pm
post #133 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by livlou

hi, has anyone who ordered the gypsy got it yet, mine arrived today, it says it comes with 2 cartridges installed, gypsy font and gypsy wanderings, but mine has over 100 cartridges on it already, while this is fantastic and save me a fortune in the future but im not sure if i should be worried why it has them on there. just wondered if anyone else had this?

I don't think it really has all those on it. Mine shows all of them but can only use what I actually own.

tiggy2 Posted 9 Dec 2011 , 7:00pm
post #134 of 144
Quote:

I don't think it really has all those on it. Mine shows all of them but can only use what I actually own.

pummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pummy Posted 9 Dec 2011 , 7:34pm
post #135 of 144

Got mine yesterday! It works great!

Aylin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aylin Posted 9 Dec 2011 , 7:45pm
post #136 of 144

Hello together,
I'm living in germany, and I ordered the cricut cake, too. Unfortunatelly I saw now, that I'm not able to use it with a software to create my own models.
Do you know something else about it?

Best regards

Aylin

Aylin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aylin Posted 9 Dec 2011 , 7:45pm
post #137 of 144

Hello together,
I'm living in germany, and I ordered the cricut cake, too. Unfortunatelly I saw now, that I'm not able to use it with a software to create my own models.
Do you know something else about it?

Best regards

Aylin

livlou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
livlou Posted 9 Dec 2011 , 8:32pm
post #138 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggy2

Quote:

it has let me design using them but have not tried to connect to cricut to cut out yet, am going to use it in next few hours to try and will let you know.

cupadeecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupadeecakes Posted 9 Dec 2011 , 9:13pm
post #139 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggy2

Quote:

Exactly right; the Gypsy will show lots of cartridges, and you can design with any of them, but you can only cut with the 2 that are included (or you can read in your current cartiridges and use them). My sister gave me her Gypsy because she didn't like it and now I know why. It's a chore to keep up with which graphics you can actually use to cut with.

I bought a Cricut Cake at it's release and I love it (but then I have a license for SCAL so I can cut with my laptop) but I am really considering getting another one to just sit in the closet until the fateful day my original dies.

tgress13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tgress13 Posted 14 Dec 2011 , 2:55pm
post #140 of 144

I received my cricut cake last friday and played around with it a bit. I love it!!! it took a few tries to get the gumpaste to the right consistency then it worked fine. I ordered the Elegant cartridge from amazon and should receive it today.

kakesbd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakesbd Posted 18 Dec 2011 , 2:02am
post #141 of 144

Just got my cricut and tried to cut an intricate snow flake....epic fail....I used gumpaste, rolled very thin, and followed directions per dvd....Any ideas on why it didn't work? I used slow setting.

tiggy2 Posted 18 Dec 2011 , 3:08am
post #142 of 144

Watch Linda McClure's youtube videos. You need to let the gumpaste dry a little before trying to cut it and it needs to be rolled thin enough to see through it (with a pasta machine).

roshon6555 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roshon6555 Posted 19 Feb 2012 , 7:04pm
post #143 of 144

I have found another one. one of the best http://www.cricutaccessories.com/. Their service was great and will low cost...

roshon6555 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roshon6555 Posted 19 Feb 2012 , 7:11pm
post #144 of 144

all kind of Cricut Accessories found in this site : http://www.cricutaccessories.com/ with low cost and best supply...hopefully it will help everyone.

Thank you

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%