Cricut Cake Machine 49.95

Decorating By cashley Updated 19 Feb 2012 , 7:11pm by roshon6555

Goreti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Goreti Posted 26 Nov 2011 , 2:35pm
post #91 of 144

I just ordered one myself and used my Discover card. I like to use it for things like this because you can get a virtual number which can you be used online for one time only. This way I know that it cannot be used again. Whenever I order anything from a company I am not familiar with, that is what I do. By the way, I ordered it on Thanksgiving day and just received an email that it has been shipped. I just hope this is not one of those things that I am just going to put away and never use.

magito Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
magito Posted 26 Nov 2011 , 3:14pm
post #92 of 144

I got one my self but I need to pay shipping cost me the doble but is ok at that price i can not complain. It will be nice to have a nice toy to figure out, I have normal cricut and is fun so I have expecteccions. good luck : thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

almy_al Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
almy_al Posted 26 Nov 2011 , 3:40pm
post #93 of 144

I just ordered one! I couldn't pass it up, specially with the basic cartridge and the seasonal one included as well. I payed with paypal, hopefully I won't have any problems like the ones mentioned earlier.

weidertm24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weidertm24 Posted 26 Nov 2011 , 8:11pm
post #94 of 144

I received mine today! Can't wait to try it!

SweetToothCakesbyCrystal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetToothCakesbyCrystal Posted 26 Nov 2011 , 8:56pm
post #95 of 144

I just ordered it! I can't believe I got it for only $54 (after tax, FREE shipping!) Thank you for letting us know about this cashley!!

SweetToothCakesbyCrystal Posted 26 Nov 2011 , 10:28pm
post #96 of 144

I've seen a few people ask if this sale is for the bigger cricut cake or for the smaller, mini cricut cake... So I did a little research and per the regular Cricut website, the bigger cricut cake is "Model: 20-00238" and the mini is "Model: 2000629"... so this sale should be for the bigger one!!! icon_smile.gif

Angfastic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Angfastic Posted 26 Nov 2011 , 11:19pm
post #97 of 144

I received mine Friday. It is the full size one. I've yet to set it up and try it out. Maybe next week I'll get a chance.

Rhonlynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rhonlynn Posted 28 Nov 2011 , 3:45am
post #98 of 144

I ordered mine Friday,and already have a fedex tracking number. To be delivered on December 1st.

SweetToothCakesbyCrystal Posted 1 Dec 2011 , 8:20pm
post #99 of 144

Just got mine today!! I can't belive I got the Cricut Cake, plus the Cake Basics cartrige for only $54 (after tax, free shipping!) !!! I'm so excited to use it! Oh! and it's the bigger Cricut Cake, NOT the mini!

Rhonlynn Posted 1 Dec 2011 , 9:31pm
post #100 of 144

I got mine today! It is heavy. I don't have time to use it for a little while, my work is going to send me out of town. I hope I get to use it on my son's 21st birthday cake, before I leave. I've been wanting a Cricut cake forever.

Cupcations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcations Posted 2 Dec 2011 , 4:50am
post #101 of 144

Also got mine icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif
Used a Cricut for the first time in my life OMG ITS AMAZING!!!
Its like you have 4 extra people working for you lol, it did like 36 cut outs in less than 2 minutes! All for $49!!!

Rhonlynn Posted 2 Dec 2011 , 2:10pm
post #102 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcations

Used a for the first time in my life OMG ITS AMAZING!!!
Its like you have 4 extra people working for you lol, it did like 36 cut outs in less than 2 minutes! All for $49!!!

Did you use fondant, or Cricut fondant sheets? i'm going to do the letters of my son's name in fondant for his 21st birthday cake. (He doesn't want a fondant cake, so I"m making him a small cake, And a pineapple upside down cake, and cupcakes.Lot's of baking.)

tgress13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tgress13 Posted 2 Dec 2011 , 2:33pm
post #103 of 144

I just ordered my cricut then noticed the mini was on sale for $29.95. Following the previous reviewers I paid with Paypal. Can't wait to receive it!

Cupcations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcations Posted 2 Dec 2011 , 4:23pm
post #104 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonlynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcations

Used a for the first time in my life OMG ITS AMAZING!!!

Did you use fondant, or fondant sheets? i'm going to do the letters of my son's name in fondant for his 21st birthday cake. (He doesn't want a fondant cake, so I"m making him a small cake, And a pineapple upside down cake, and cupcakes.Lot's of baking.)

I used fondant, Satin Ice to be precise. Make sure you brush a lot of shortening on the mat (I used Crisco).
I watched a lot of videos on YouTube & read the book that came with it before I started, it has a lot of useful tips.
Good luck with your project thumbs_up.gif!

plunker219 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
plunker219 Posted 2 Dec 2011 , 5:52pm
post #105 of 144

I just got mine in the mail! My mother bought it for my birthday! Can't wait to use it!

justdessertsbyyesi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justdessertsbyyesi Posted 2 Dec 2011 , 7:40pm
post #106 of 144

Can someone explain the difference between the cricuts? which one is better buy?

Rhonlynn Posted 3 Dec 2011 , 3:09am
post #107 of 144

OMG, it's like 4 people cutting your designs. I did 2 snowflakes, cu t out, and I did the Happy birthday, and I did an S. My hands would've been so sore. I'll be spelling the rest of his name tomorrow. I did it in gumpaste/fondant, cause I don't have a cake next to me. I watched the dvd that came with it,and after a couple of false starts by placing the blade in the machine incorrectly, I did it correctly,and it worked! It was kind of alot of gum paste, so the next time I use it, I'll use fondant. I love it, it totally changed my cake decorating.

designdiva22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
designdiva22 Posted 5 Dec 2011 , 12:16am
post #108 of 144

Is this the same machine? http://main.cricut.com/shopping/detail-department-Cricut-Cake-Personal-Electronic-Cutter-0-906.aspx

The Cricut website has it for $49.99 as well but the original price is $199 whereas the cricutmachine.com website says the original price is $449.95.

I really want to buy this but can't trust this cricutmachine.com website. They have some really bad comments on their Facebook page too. http://www.facebook.com/cricutmachine

If Cricut has the same product, wouldn't you rather buy from them directly?

Appreciate any help!

Rhonlynn Posted 5 Dec 2011 , 12:35am
post #109 of 144

http://www.cricutmachine.com/index.php?cPath=53

This is the website I bought it from...I need to order some more mats, and cartridges. I think I will next payday. I ordered through paypal, no problems.

sberryp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sberryp Posted 5 Dec 2011 , 12:49am
post #110 of 144

Buy it from the source. I got mine Friday the day before my birthday. I brought it from cricut.com. They had everything on sale. Even brought a couple for gifts.

sberryp Posted 5 Dec 2011 , 12:52am
post #111 of 144

Ohh I forgot to say that I paid 49.99 and 17 for shipping. It is so worth it. I was looking on ebay and some sellers that the cake basics out of the box and sell it separately. That's how they can make more money.

designdiva22 Posted 5 Dec 2011 , 1:03am
post #112 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by sberryp

Buy it from the source. I got mine Friday the day before my birthday. I brought it from .com. They had everything on sale. Even brought a couple for gifts.

So it is the same machine on Cricut.com and cricutmachine.com??

Rhonlynn Posted 5 Dec 2011 , 3:24am
post #113 of 144

My shipping, I think, was free, but that was on Black Friday...NOW they have the Cricut mini cake on sale, 49.95. Which is actually what I wanted, due to space. Go figure. But i love the machine.

Rhonlynn Posted 5 Dec 2011 , 3:33am
post #114 of 144

I want the genie design studio. I see it's available on the source site. That's where i'm getting my supplies from now on, Thanks, sberryp.

sberryp Posted 5 Dec 2011 , 4:31pm
post #115 of 144

No problem and yes I believe they are the same

designdiva22 Posted 5 Dec 2011 , 10:29pm
post #116 of 144

Thanks sberryp! Any opinion on which is better? Cricut Cake or Silhouette??

Marla84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marla84 Posted 6 Dec 2011 , 5:06am
post #117 of 144

I think cricutmachine.com is actually a part of cricut.com. Cricut has denied this in the past on their own forums...but last year I checked the shipping address from a cricutmachine package I received and it shipped from a warehouse on the same street as a Cricut.com address. I just feel like they have to be pretty closely connected to offer identical sales. Proudparents2005 on ebay and Papercraftingpro.com are also connected with cricutmachine.com.

I have ordered from cricutmachine.com using paypal quite a few times with no problems. It is not a secure website, so you shouldn't use a credit card. I felt safer with paypal since it directs you to a secure site to enter information.

To answer other questions - there are 2 Cricut Cake machines - full-size and mini. You can tell which is which by the size mat it uses. The full-size uses a 12x12 and the mini uses a 6x12

Cricut is a cartridge-based machine, so you need to purchase cartridges with the images you want to cut. It does not need to be connected to a computer. The Silhouette connects to your computer and gives you more freedom by allowing you to design your own images or find them on the internet.

Hope that helps!

Goreti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Goreti Posted 6 Dec 2011 , 1:57pm
post #118 of 144

I bought mine from cricutmachine.com but used a 1x virtual credit card number using my Discover Card. Whenever I shop online that is what I do. Never had a problem so far.

Jeepgirl73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeepgirl73 Posted 6 Dec 2011 , 2:17pm
post #119 of 144

I bought one from cricutmachine.com also, used Paypal and had no issues. Ordered it Friday afternoon and it came yesterday afternoon. ( Monday)

I hadn't read this thread until after I ordered and started freaking out , even tried to cancel the order through Paypal. I read all the negative online and on Facebook. Glad things were ok though, definately not using your credit card for peace of mind would be the way to go.

tgress13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tgress13 Posted 6 Dec 2011 , 4:23pm
post #120 of 144

@Marla84 do you know if the Silhouette is made specifically for cake like the cricut cake? or does it even matter?

I ordered my cricut from cricutmachine.com and already have shipping confirmation. delivery is scheduled for friday.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%