Letters & Large Feathers

Decorating By Britterfly Updated 18 Nov 2011 , 1:19pm by Britterfly

Britterfly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Britterfly Posted 9 Nov 2011 , 1:21pm
post #1 of 7

What are these letter cut outs called & where can I buy them?

&
Where can I buy these really big, colorful feathers? (and how do you attach them to the cake? Do you just stick them in?)

6 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 9 Nov 2011 , 2:47pm
post #2 of 7

The letter look like Tappits and you can buy the feathers at many fabric and/or craft stores. Put a drinking straw into the cake and put the feathers into the straws.

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 14 Nov 2011 , 1:03am
post #3 of 7

Hobby lobby sells these feathers. there is a wire in them so if you unravel the stem part and take out the wire they will then be short enough for your cake. you will still need to insert the ends into drinking straws before pushing them into your cake. Leah is right, the letters are Tappits.

mrsunknown Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsunknown Posted 14 Nov 2011 , 3:01am
post #4 of 7

The letters look like the tappits i am waiting to receive in the post......and i just stumbled across those feathers today at
http://www.theribbonretreat.com/CatalogOfCategories/feathers.aspx?custom

Britterfly Posted 15 Nov 2011 , 9:05pm
post #5 of 7

Thank y'all!!

scWMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scWMI Posted 18 Nov 2011 , 2:54am
post #6 of 7

the feathers like that can get expensive. (like $3.00-4.00 each) they are called Ostrich Spads. (Plumes tend to fall apart and are WAY too long.) I used to buy feathers from a company called Eskay Novelty when I did some costume design work. They were only $10.00 for a dozen at the time and came in about 60 colors. (Big money saver when I needed like 200 or so feathers at once.) You should be able to find them through a Google search. Just a tip!

Britterfly Posted 18 Nov 2011 , 1:19pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by scWMI

the feathers like that can get expensive. (like $3.00-4.00 each) they are called Ostrich Spads. (Plumes tend to fall apart and are WAY too long.) I used to buy feathers from a company called Eskay Novelty when I did some costume design work. They were only $10.00 for a dozen at the time and came in about 60 colors. (Big money saver when I needed like 200 or so feathers at once.) You should be able to find them through a Google search. Just a tip!

I found the site, thank you!! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%