A Lil Help With Cupcake Ornaments

Baking By JennieB Updated 10 Nov 2011 , 9:15pm by pj22

JennieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennieB Posted 8 Nov 2011 , 7:40pm
post #1 of 3

So I just received an order for 150 of those lil things and I have made them a few times before and know they are very very time consuming. So I am looking for as many shortcuts as possible. I haave always used the ball pan cake on top of the cupcakes then covered in fondant but I read a few posts about the chocolate in a sphere pan and I think I am going to run a trial of them. So how does everyone do the little hanger tops? I have always free handed them. Also they want them all individually packaged and I always order from BRP but was wondering some other sources for maybe the clear boxes. I don't want the clear clam shells for this particular project. I need something a little nicer. THANKS EVERYONE!

2 replies
sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 8 Nov 2011 , 8:22pm
post #2 of 3

I can't help on the cupcakes but here is a supplier for the boxes.
They're not cheap but they're nice

http://www.clearbags.com/4-x-4-x-4-single-jumbo-cupcake-box-set-100-pieces-cbs208.html

As for the toppers, if I had to make that many I would just make a fat rope, run the flower tool that does impressions down the length of it to make the grooves , then just cut it into small pieces. If you do the actually loop on top, that is going to be a lot more time consuming.

pj22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pj22 Posted 10 Nov 2011 , 9:15pm
post #3 of 3

Cupcake ornaments are a great idea! Do you have pics of how they look? And how do you hang them on the Christmas tree?? TIA!

Also, you can try Plastic Container City for clear containers.... HTH!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%