Personal Websites

Business By lastingmoments Updated 27 Oct 2005 , 9:16pm by gilson6

lastingmoments Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lastingmoments Posted 11 Sep 2005 , 6:27am
post #1 of 8

icon_eek.gif Ive been thinking that i would like to build a website like many of you have linked but i dont know where to begin.
yes thats really how I look all bugg eyed.....thinking Where to begin.

Does any one have any suggestions on where to begin. or even what to do to get started.

thanks in advance
Nancy

7 replies
SugarCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarCreations Posted 11 Sep 2005 , 10:10am
post #2 of 8

I would like to do the same but I am in the same boat you are I do not know where to begin. Maybe someone will give us some pointers.

LittleBigMomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleBigMomma Posted 11 Sep 2005 , 10:48am
post #3 of 8

You can enter the word "website" using a search engine such as Google. This will give you some places to investigate. My niece has a place on Myspace.com but, I don't know much about it. (I think it's free though) You'll just have to take a look to see if it's what you're interested in.

SugarCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarCreations Posted 11 Sep 2005 , 11:07am
post #4 of 8

lastingmoments
I found a webpage site from yahoo called GeoCities. Looks like it might be what you are looking for. I do not know how much html you know but the webspace is free. They have two more advanced versions but there is a charge for those. Considering this one myself. Hope this helps.

cakerookie

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 11 Sep 2005 , 5:35pm
post #5 of 8

You can go to register.com to select your web address ($40 per year? not certain) and they offer a free do-it-yourself web design. All you have to do it choose from a bunch of layouts, plug in your text and upload your photos and they do the rest for you.

I did that for my first website and it was so easy. The options are great too...you can even get an email address for your company name...like [email protected] for about $10-20 a year, I think.

Plus, you can change your text and photos on the website whenever you feel like it. Maybe have a "Cake Of The Month" photo on your home page to keep people coming back to your site?

BellaRosa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BellaRosa Posted 11 Sep 2005 , 5:39pm
post #6 of 8

I started out with a free website grom Geocities, but when I got to many hits, it would go down for about an hour.

I now use www.tripod.lycos.com. I have a free website through them & they have tons of beautiful templates. Many are customizable. I have a lot more space so I can download a LOT more pictures than on Geocities.

Once I get me permits and everything. I will get an actual pay website so I can have unlimited.

http://sweetinspirationsnc.tripod.com

Heath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heath Posted 11 Sep 2005 , 5:41pm
post #7 of 8

There was just recently a thread on this topic, you might want to check it out for some info I posted then:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-6583-website.html

gilson6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gilson6 Posted 27 Oct 2005 , 9:16pm
post #8 of 8

I just completed my website through Geocities. It was very simple using their Page Builder. I have a package deal through my dsl provider and it costs me about $25.00 a month for my domain name and the page builder access.

My domain name is:

www.justsofromtheheart.com/catering.html

I also do catering and have recently started with the cake decorating.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%