Reduced Sugar Wasc....?

Baking By Brandyf817 Updated 21 Oct 2011 , 6:41pm by karukaru

Brandyf817 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brandyf817 Posted 19 Oct 2011 , 3:11am
post #1 of 5

I have done a lot of research on here about sugar free cakes. I know everyone says to just make a real sugar cake and limit consumption. BUT Pilsbury came out with their sugar free cake boxes. I was wondering if anyone has tried to replace the normal cake mix with this? And sugar free pudding mix? I am still trying to find a way to replace the sugar the recipe calls for, but if not I guess that much sugar shouldn't matter??
Thanks!

4 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 19 Oct 2011 , 3:28am
post #2 of 5

I haven't used the sugar-free mixes, but I always cut the sugar in half when I make a WASC cake. Otherwise they taste way to sweet to me. It works just fine - no problem with the consistency or anything.

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 19 Oct 2011 , 3:43am
post #3 of 5

Could you do an experiment with subbing Splenda? I would do a couple of trial runs but I think it would be worth a shot,

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 19 Oct 2011 , 3:52am
post #4 of 5

Oh, yes, sillywabbitz is right. When in doubt and there's time, experiment a little bit. It's how you accumulate caking wisdom. What sweetener does the Pillsbury cake use? Maybe you could use the same one.

karukaru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karukaru Posted 21 Oct 2011 , 6:41pm
post #5 of 5

I have used the sugarfree mix to make a recipe similar to wasc and I didn't notice a difference. I also cut the sugar in half on the WASC because it is too sweet otherwise. I haven't done both things at once though.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%