Chunky Monkey Weight Loss Support Group

Lounge By TexasSugar Updated 14 May 2012 , 2:22pm by TexasSugar

traci_doodle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci_doodle Posted 6 Dec 2011 , 6:16pm
post #61 of 164

Can I join too? My weight's been up and down over the years. I've blamed pregnancy in the past, but I know it's just not true! I am 28 years old. My current weight as of Monday (I weigh in on Mondays) was 159.2. I am 5'3". I have been trying to lose weight all year, so I have actually lost 30 pounds since January. Woo hoo! I'd eventually like to lose another 30 pounds, but I'm not done having kids, so if I could lose another 15 before having another baby that would be awesome. icon_smile.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 12 Dec 2011 , 7:56pm
post #62 of 164

Welcome to everyone that has joined!

Thursday was my birthday and Aunt Flo decided to stop in to give me a present, add that to going out to eat Thursday night and I ignored the scale Friday morning.

Because I feel like I am drowning in everything I have to do in the next two weeks I have decided that I am switching my focus to maintaining rather than trying to lose a bunch. I will be leaving town for a week after Christmas and will work on refocusing starting the new year out with a new plan.

MollyHammond Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MollyHammond Posted 12 Dec 2011 , 11:48pm
post #63 of 164

This is a hard time of year. Keep your head up!

TexasSugar Posted 13 Dec 2011 , 3:34pm
post #64 of 164

Molly, it is a very hard time of the year, in more ways than one. I'm ready for the recharge week after the holidays. I really need that.

I did quickly step on the scale this morning, just to get an idea of where I am sitting. Dressed I was at 174.0, which is close what what I have been at. So that is a plus for me. If I can just hold to that for the next few weeks I'll be okay.

TexasSugar Posted 16 Dec 2011 , 3:15pm
post #65 of 164

Well the good news is that even with all the cookies around me (I've baked right over 96 doz so far) and the fast food for dinner last night, Iwas hanging around 173.4 this morning. So that's about where I have been for a month. I'm okay with that.

How is everyone else doing??

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 16 Dec 2011 , 4:44pm
post #66 of 164

I have a hard time being consistent with checking in, but I am being faithful to my weight loss commitment. We had a family Christmas last Saturday, and I'm proud to say, I ate NO sweets! I have baked my pecan cake and my jam cake-but I did no tasting! I have to make 2 dox. cupcakes for my school for the board of ed meeting on Monday, and make my DIL a birthday cake. Hopefully I can keep the batter and frosting out of my mouth...
As of this morning, I weighed 178.2 lbs. Up .2 from yesterday, but I'm not complaining.
Two more family gatherings to go. One is my Christmas breakfast. I'm not sure I'm going to be able to say no to the french toast casserole!

poohsmomma Posted 16 Dec 2011 , 4:46pm
post #67 of 164

Crazyforcupcakes,
Thanks for the tip. I will check out that book (when I have a little extra money after Christmas shopping)

Helen Jo

jlcalvert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlcalvert Posted 20 Dec 2011 , 4:21pm
post #68 of 164

Start weight: 11/4/11----192.0

Very proud of myself at weigh in last Friday----181.0 (grand total of 11 lbs.) Although I am quite nervous about this weeks weigh in. This past weekend I have made 4 different kinds of truffles and some sweet chex mix. Since they were gifts I had to make sure that they tasted good, right?? Hope the scale is nice to me on Friday. icon_smile.gif Have a great week everyone and Merry Christmas!!! Keep up the good work.

TexasSugar Posted 20 Dec 2011 , 4:38pm
post #69 of 164

Woo Hoo! Congrats! -11lbs is awesome this time of year!

I'll weigh in on Friday, hopefully I remember, and then I won't do another weigh in until the 6th of Jan. I leave after Christmas for a week trip with my family. I am sure I will have to do damage control when I get back, but that's okay.

I can say that in the last three months I have really cut back on eating fast foods, especially for lunch. So in the new year my plan is to work on cutting back calories some more when I am cooking. And get back to exercising again.

silverdragon997 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
silverdragon997 Posted 20 Dec 2011 , 7:16pm
post #70 of 164

I would love to join!

I've been dieting off and on for years, and really need a place to focus!

Stats:
32 years old
5 foot 3 1/2 inches
160 lbs

My biggest obstacle is work. I do accounting on a tv show, and we have catered lunch every day, along with a department dedicated to "craft service", which is basically someone who goes shopping and provides food and snacks for the crew to have whenever they want. I try to avoid the craft service area as much as possible and only head that way when I want some fruit. Otherwise I'll get tempted by the pre-packaged junk food and donuts!

Congrats to everyone here for both the weight loss and the motivation to get healthy!

TexasSugar Posted 23 Dec 2011 , 6:00pm
post #71 of 164

Hello SilverDragon!

I totally forgot to weigh this morning. Apparently with the holidays and stuff I forgot what day of the week it was. If I remember I'll do it tomorrow. If not I'll be back 7th with a weigh in.

Hope everyone has a Very Merry Christmas!

Moovaughan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Moovaughan Posted 23 Dec 2011 , 6:12pm
post #72 of 164

Ok....I'm gonna throw in my hat. I'm 48, 5' 6" and 220. I'm healthy, no high blood pressure or high cholesterol (yet) but I am considered obese and it's just a matter of time before I do sucumb to something. I would like to loose 60 to 70 pounds and am prepared to do it over a 1 year period so I guess I'm in it for the long haul! And, since I'm on this sight daily I might as well use it for something other than making caloriesicon_smile.gif

BizCoCos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BizCoCos Posted 23 Dec 2011 , 7:40pm
post #73 of 164

Hello everyone, I am inspired and would love to join group, I have over 100 lbs to loose. It's been a constant battle for 10 years. I'm 5'2" and just had my 56th birthday. I'm looking forward to giving and receiving support, actually just reading posts inspires me.

poohsmomma Posted 24 Dec 2011 , 2:30pm
post #74 of 164

We had our family Christmas last night-and my grown kids want the Christmas breakfast they love no matter what time we celebrate. So I had the blueberry muffins, biscuits, hashbrown casserole, french toast casserole, scrambled eggs, meats and gravy, etc. I stayed with the eggs and meat and only a taste of the french toast casserole. I got on the scales this morning, and was pleasantly surprised...176.4 so I am down about 12 pounds since Thanksgiving. Yeah!

Merry Christmas. Stay strong in the face of all the goodies!

BizCoCos Posted 24 Dec 2011 , 6:37pm
post #75 of 164

poohsmom, congrats, last year I started a diet before thanksgiving and did really well, then I fell off the wagon, lol, comgrats to you. I really don't gin weight with cake, since I taste a small portion and quickly give the rest away if the resulting sweet is really good. Before I used to finish everything off, even if the taste was fair. congrats to you!

kel58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kel58 Posted 25 Dec 2011 , 12:07am
post #76 of 164

Alright, I'm in too. I started a support group with my moms group too but you can never get too much support.
I am 26 years old, 5' 4", and at the beginning of my diet (which was only this past monday) weighed i st 191. I am hoping to lose 40 lbs. I have 2 kids, a boy who is 4 and a baby girl who is 4 1/2 months old.
I have been following weight watchers on my own. I did this before we tried for another baby and was able to loss 30lbs. Unfortunatly, i gained it all back (+) during pregnancy.
I tend to weigh myself all too often and weighed in this morning at 187.5. I still have 3 xmas dinners and a whole day ofbig ,eals tomorrow. Im sure that scale won't be my friend on monday.

Brendabeeper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brendabeeper Posted 25 Dec 2011 , 12:19am
post #77 of 164

I so need in, 49 yrs old 5'5'' and 230 lbs, I have just given up previousy, I have a special needs son who eating is a struggle and we are alway feeding him or tring to get him to eat. Husband likes his meat and potatoes, and yells about my weight but buys junk all the time. Between stress at work and caring for my son, and my mom, I just think I felt like eating was the only thing I enjoy ( except decorating cakes that is) I am going back to counting my calories and keeping a log, Not good at exercising but going to have to start .

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 26 Dec 2011 , 10:33am
post #78 of 164

Can I join?

5 ft 7, currently at 148 which is 15 lbs up from my lowest. I have nothing to wear because when I lost my weight, I got rid of my fat clothes. Having to go to work in scrubs today. icon_cry.gif

Have an anniversary weekend coming up that involves eating out. Also a cruise in February, so I'd love to ditch at least 10 lbs by then. Not even sure how I gained this much...haven't been eating that poorly. Mom says its menopause. I say it sucks.

TexasSugar Posted 1 Jan 2012 , 7:13pm
post #79 of 164

Hello everyone! Welcome!

I'm trying to enjoy my last few days of vacation before I return to the real world and of course crack done on eating. Just hoping I'll be over this cold soon!

How is everyone doing this first day of the year?

karateka Posted 1 Jan 2012 , 7:15pm
post #80 of 164

Clean living starting tomorrow for me. Good luck everyone!

BizCoCos Posted 2 Jan 2012 , 1:09am
post #81 of 164

yep, me too, happy new Year!

JillyPlot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JillyPlot Posted 2 Jan 2012 , 1:49am
post #82 of 164

Alright, count me in! I'm 27, 5'2" and not sure about my current weight. At 21, I weighed 200 lbs, dropped down to 150 during student teaching without even trying. In September 2008 when I first went to Weight Watchers, I was 178.4. I made Lifetime and was at 125 at my lowest (in April 2009). I got rid of all my clothes from being over like 140. I gained back alot, and was at around 175 when I re-joined WW last spring. I stopped going after about 2 months, having lost 12 lbs. I'm pretty sure I'm close to my top weight again and will post tomorrow night after I get home from the meeting. I know I'm starting this basically at New Year's, but this is NOT a NY's Resolution, as I don't personally believe in them. I'm also planning to run a 5K this spring or summer to keep me motivated to work out. Luckily, my parents are also both going on WW. (My mom joined with me back in 2008, but not last year.) I also have to get back to at least 135 by March of 2013, for my brother's wedding. The other 2 bridesmaids are both about 5'8" and weigh maybe 140 lbs, so I don't want to be the fat bridesmaid!

I'm so glad this group is here because I definitely need all the support and motivation I can get!

karateka Posted 2 Jan 2012 , 10:28am
post #83 of 164

weighed in at 146.2 this am. Goal weight is 133 before the cruise end of February.

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 2 Jan 2012 , 8:30pm
post #84 of 164

I am almost 30, 6' tall and over 300 lbs. No one believes me because of the way I carry it, and I guess also because of my height. I also have PCOS which sucks majorly. I need to lose weight badly. My health is sucking lately and well pretty soon I'm going to need to go to Dick's for a tent to wear because let's face it, Lane Bryant only goes up so big. LOL

JillyPlot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JillyPlot Posted 3 Jan 2012 , 2:58am
post #85 of 164

So I had Weight Watchers tonight. I was completely shocked. I'm only at 168. I was fully expecting it to be around my original WW starting weight 3+ years ago, but I'm not. I only have 33 lbs until my goal weight... Not horrible.

Good luck everyone else getting back on track this week!!

TexasSugar Posted 4 Jan 2012 , 4:32pm
post #86 of 164

Well I got back home last night. First night in over a week I slept more than a few hours at a time, of course I didn't want to get up and come into work today.

My goals for the moment are...

1. To get through this week with out having to revert to fast food. I have some stuff in the freezer so it's just a matter of making the effort of thawing, cooking and being creative with what I have in the house.

2. Make a menu plan, shop and prep for next week.

I'd love to add exercise to that list, but I'm still battling this cold and it is at the stage where if I get hot I cough for 10 mins straight.

BizCoCos Posted 4 Jan 2012 , 4:46pm
post #87 of 164

I have lost 4 lbs even through the holiday weekend, woot hoot, love this group, it holds you accountable to your nutrition plan. diet is such a negative word.
I didn't exercise per se yesterday, but I spent 2 hrs cleaning out the family's ruined items from the basement that flodded. Oh joy, more to do today, lol.
I think I lost inches from bending and twisting, looking for salvageable items. Luckily we had placed many items in plastic bins since we have learned from past experiences.

TexasSugar Posted 6 Jan 2012 , 4:09pm
post #88 of 164

Jilly, glad to here you were less than you thought. That is always a good thing!

BizCoCos, congrats on those 4lbs. I'm sorry to hear about the flooded basement thought.

I weighed in this morning. I'm sitting at 179.8. Sigh.

I did go to the store last night and stocked up on some fresh fruits and veggies. I plan to do some kitchen time this weekend to get some stuff in the freezer for quicker, easier meals during the week. I'm not quite geared up for strict calorie counting yet, but I know that cooking at home is alot better than fast food, and I can cut out some calories and work on smaller portions.

How is everyone else doing? Any plans for the weekend?

BizCoCos Posted 6 Jan 2012 , 11:13pm
post #89 of 164

Well, lost another pound, spent 6 hrs cleaning the basement, must be that since I even forgot to eat lunch, lol, trying some new decorative techniques, will post pics later

karateka Posted 6 Jan 2012 , 11:39pm
post #90 of 164

Biz...sorry about your basement. That really stinks. I hope you are able to salvage most of your stuff and clean up soon.

I was 143 today. Ran on the treadmill today and have karate tomorrow. I really hope I drop at least 5 more pounds, because I need to shop for clothes for the cruise, and I am having trouble fitting into anything I try on....hips are too big for the waist. icon_cry.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%