Ever Seen Someone Just Ruin Something You Made

Decorating By pinklatte Updated 11 Oct 2011 , 8:58pm by kakeladi

pinklatte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinklatte Posted 11 Oct 2011 , 8:00pm
post #1 of 6

I dropped off a cake and cake pops and the person hadn't arrive yet however the family was already there. I stayed a bit so I could give some well wishes before I left for another event. It was a hot day so the family that was there (mom, dad, sister, cousins, friends) said they were putting the items in the cooler. There was room to put them side by side so the mother put the cake pops in first with a board over it. I told them the cake wouldn't fit because the cake board was too wide. With the encouragement from other family members and a pair of scissors from the sister, the father cut the cake board haphazardly. OH well, at least it was in the back, I thought however it was still too big. I saw it was still a little too big and mentioned it. The father took the cake and shoved it in anyway.... not on the other side that was empty.... but right over the cake pops and smashed the cardboard over the cake pops hard. And with a big shove with one hand he smashed a some of the cake pops. Ugh! When the guest of honor arrived, the person who asked for the items, I let her know where her items were and what happened. She was not happy and was as polite as she could be with me however you could see she was upset with her parents. She took her cake pops out right away and held it tight and carried it around with her trying to figure out what to do. I felt so bad but she said it's okay, it's going to be eaten anyway. I could still tell she was upset with her family.

5 replies
heyjules Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heyjules Posted 11 Oct 2011 , 8:17pm
post #2 of 6

Geez, wasn't the *point* of putting it in the cooler to protect it? That wasn't "cake dumb", just plain old dumb.

Cricketina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cricketina Posted 11 Oct 2011 , 8:55pm
post #3 of 6

Oh Wow!

That was a very crude way of handling the cake and cake pops! People that behave that way and we all have one or 2 in our family ! Kind of a get er done attitude! Forget presentation or damage that may be done to the cake or cake pops....We will make that thing fit! Irregardless! I feel bad for the poor customer that placed the order with you...I think after hearing your experience if I ever encounter a similar type situation and the customer is not there yet I will call the customer and tell her there is a good chance of damage being done to her order with the rough handling that is being suggested and I do not feel comfortable releasing her order to anyone but her and if she asks me to just leave it there ..I would tell her that I can not be responsible for any damage created by any guests! And I would take out my phone and take a pic of the items that I was leaving in good condition at her location to cover myself and I would do as she wanted... So sorry that's awful!

Butterflyxo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Butterflyxo Posted 11 Oct 2011 , 8:58pm
post #4 of 6

you know I've seen a lot of people do things with cakes and I just don't understand it even when you warn them. I know what your saying about feeling bad but you did tell them not to put it in there so they were warned. And some people are just plan ignorant I had someone purposely drop somethingin my cake and I watched them do it and all they said was opps withthis look ontheir face. It's terrible when we work hard on our cakes and people just don't take that into consideration. Hopefully, that won't happen again Good luck to ya icon_smile.gif

Butterflyxo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Butterflyxo Posted 11 Oct 2011 , 8:58pm
post #5 of 6

you know I've seen a lot of people do things with cakes and I just don't understand it even when you warn them. I know what your saying about feeling bad but you did tell them not to put it in there so they were warned. And some people are just plan ignorant I had someone purposely drop somethingin my cake and I watched them do it and all they said was opps withthis look ontheir face. It's terrible when we work hard on our cakes and people just don't take that into consideration. Hopefully, that won't happen again Good luck to ya icon_smile.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 11 Oct 2011 , 8:58pm
post #6 of 6

Makes one wonder where these people came from! icon_sad.gif
I mean, like who taught them such BAD maners?
I would have screamed at them and put the cake away myself - yes, actually take it out of their hands and put it in the frig myself.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%