Client That Doesn't Like Fondant Or Smbc..bc Cheetah Print?

Decorating By CocoaBlondie Updated 23 Sep 2011 , 6:10pm by CocoaBlondie

CocoaBlondie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CocoaBlondie Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 12:59am
post #1 of 12

Hey there guys, I'm in need of a little help. I have a customer that I'm making a cheetah print 2 tier shoe box cake w/ a gumpaste shoe & bows. Unfortunatley, My plan to use SMBC under fondant & paint cheetah print is not going to work. She's okay with fondant pieces, but none of the above covering the cake. Does anymore know how to do cheetah print in all BC. Thanks

11 replies
southerncross Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncross Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 1:07am
post #2 of 12

I've had great success stenciling on SMBC. I just chill it in the frig for about 30 min then stencil. I get my stencils from Stencilease.com and they work beautifully. They have leopard print border (how different is that from a cheetah?)

http://www.stencilease.com/db/index.asp?catagory=animal%20print&all=1

Stencilease has fast delivery too.

crystal18_corpus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystal18_corpus Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 1:24am
post #3 of 12

yes it is so easy I have one in my pics cheetah top with pink square bottom what you do is ice your cake the back round color smooth it then get your cheetah colors use a tip 4 or 5 on each color and pipe small circles and line when it crust smooth it with viva towels I used a high density foam roller so easy

here is how I learned

http://www.mycakeschool.com/blog/leopard-print-cupcakes/

CocoaBlondie Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 1:39am
post #4 of 12

Wow, your cake turned out great! Thanks for the link. I was thinking I didn't like the 2 color design, but rather the three until I saw your cake. It must be the white background on the cupcakes. I think I'll give this a go.

crystal18_corpus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystal18_corpus Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 2:01am
post #5 of 12

thank you post a picture when your done i would love to see how it turned out icon_smile.gif

CocoaBlondie Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 2:27am
post #6 of 12

No problem, I'll send you a PM. I deliver Saturday afternoon. Thanks again.

Tails Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tails Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 10:09am
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross

They have leopard print border (how different is that from a cheetah?)

http://www.stencilease.com/db/index.asp?catagory=animal%20print&all=1

Stencilease has fast delivery too.

A bit of trivia from Africa, cheetah print is smalller and more dense than leopard print which is larger, with a yellow/beige centre and sometimes more wider spread over the coat icon_smile.gif

Leopard is the more well known of the two for using on cakes, clothing, etc but is sometimes called cheetah print (albeit incorrect).

southerncross Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncross Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 1:18pm
post #8 of 12

Tails, you've made my day! Every day that I learn something new is a good day. Now I hope none of my customers ask for cheetah OR Leopard print....I've has a summer of zebra prints!

mariacakestoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariacakestoo Posted 20 Sep 2011 , 2:44pm
post #9 of 12

Yeah, I get the two mixed up all the time.

CocoaBlondie Posted 21 Sep 2011 , 4:48pm
post #10 of 12

Thanks Tails, Correction I'm actually making a leopard print cake. Think I'll print out that pattern to use as a guide for my BC. Getting ready to ice right now. icon_biggrin.gif

GGFan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GGFan Posted 21 Sep 2011 , 6:08pm
post #11 of 12

What do you use to do stencil with? SMBC? Thank you!

CocoaBlondie Posted 23 Sep 2011 , 6:10pm
post #12 of 12

Okay guys, I iced & did my leopard print. It turned out great. I have a couple of other pieces drying to put on the cake yet. Here's the problem.... I stuck the cake in the fridge since I have fillings in them that require refridgeration. When I took the cake back out to work on it the black from the leopard print started condensating & streaking black down the cake. I kept absorbing the condesation with a paper towel until I put it back in. What do I do for delivery never had this problem before. AHH icon_mad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%