How To Store These Fillings?!

Baking By mystsparkle Updated 4 Sep 2011 , 2:02am by MimiFix

mystsparkle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mystsparkle Posted 2 Sep 2011 , 5:54pm
post #1 of 7

So here's my question. I made a Fudge Filling and a Peanut Butter Filling..but the recipe made waaay more than I needed, even after i cut it in half. How can i store each of these fillings? Freezer? Fridge? How long do you think? Any input would be great, I'd hate to just throw away all this!
Here's whats inside the fillings incase you need to know:
PB: peanut butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, extract, buttercream.
Fudge: butter, powdered sugar, corn syrup, chocolate chips, buttercream.

Thanks!

6 replies
MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 4 Sep 2011 , 1:03am
post #2 of 7

Just guessing here: For storing in fridge, the PB filling has cream cheese so I'd use it within a couple of weeks. The chocolate filling can probably keep for a month. Both should be fine if frozen, up to six months.

mystsparkle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mystsparkle Posted 4 Sep 2011 , 1:11am
post #3 of 7

thank you so much for answering! I was going to end up trashing it, but i'm glad someone thinks it should be okay...i just stuck em in the freezer..i can use them for some cupcakes i'm doing next Saturday! Thank you!!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 4 Sep 2011 , 1:18am
post #4 of 7

Not sure how that one w/cr ch is going to defrost. I was goint to suggest you try fzing a tablespoon or two overnight then defrost and use to see how it turns out.

matthewkyrankelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matthewkyrankelly Posted 4 Sep 2011 , 1:24am
post #5 of 7

Cream cheese is fine in the freezer as an ingredient in a filling or frosting. No issues.

The only time freezing is an issue for cream cheese is by itself. Dairy often changes consistency as it thaws but it is still fine to eat. However, when it has been basically emulsified in a frosting - no problems.

crazyladybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazyladybaker Posted 4 Sep 2011 , 1:35am
post #6 of 7

So, if I am going to use a cream cheese / peanut butter frosting do you think it's ok to freeze?

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewkyrankelly

Cream cheese is fine in the freezer as an ingredient in a filling or frosting. No issues.

The only time freezing is an issue for cream cheese is by itself. Dairy often changes consistency as it thaws but it is still fine to eat. However, when it has been basically emulsified in a frosting - no problems.

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 4 Sep 2011 , 2:02am
post #7 of 7

Yes! Freezing is fine. Stop worrying!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%