Wilton Cupcake Liners - Changed?

Baking By sillywabbitz Updated 6 Sep 2011 , 4:19am by Pallison

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 30 Aug 2011 , 7:46pm
post #1 of 4

I purchased a new pack of Wilton white regular size cupcake liners and they are totally different than my previous package. I always used wilton because they didn't peal and they were a good size.

The new ones are much thinner than the originals and the bottoms are smaller in diameter from what I can tell. Has anyone else noticed this? That means I am going to buy them at my local cake supply but that changes a few things for me because my cake supply liners are a bit larger than the old wilton ones so my amounts seem a bit off. I'll make do but I'm just curious if anyone else noticed.

These are the plain white, regular size liners.

3 replies
LoverOfSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoverOfSweets Posted 31 Aug 2011 , 5:04am
post #2 of 4

Yes, I too have noticed this. They also tend to fall in on themselves a lot easier. I have stopped using them because they are a pain in the rear.

CasperCakeCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CasperCakeCreations Posted 3 Sep 2011 , 7:18pm
post #3 of 4

I have had problems with the white Wilton's liners, as well. It seems that the bottom and tops are out of proportion causing them to not fit into the muffin time. I have had to remake orders because the cupcakes as very misshaped and not something that I would want someone to know that I had made.

I am having a problem, which I hope someone might answer for me. My liners pull away from the cupcakes after they cool. How can this be prevented? The only liners I can find that do not turn loose are those which come from the dollar rack at Micheal's; however, they tend to have designs and colors that can't be used for all of my orders.

Your help will be greatly appreciated!

Pallison Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pallison Posted 6 Sep 2011 , 4:19am
post #4 of 4

I have problems with my white Wilton liners also...I have them all bagged up right now to return.....the cupcakes baked in them look fine when you take them out of the oven, but as they cool, they seem to pull into themselves and end up resembling a small hockey puck.....the color and printed Wilton liners so far, knock on wood, produce a satisfactory cupcake.....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%