Lettering

Decorating By kharvey Updated 23 Aug 2011 , 3:43pm by kimboann

kharvey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kharvey Posted 21 Aug 2011 , 5:08pm
post #1 of 8

I have been out of the cake "circle" (LOL) for a while and have just had the itch to get back into it. I have noticed that the lettering on a lot of the newer cakes on here have a new font. Are there new fondant letter cutters with curly letters that I just haven't seen in the store? I love the look!!

7 replies
jlcalvert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlcalvert Posted 21 Aug 2011 , 5:25pm
post #2 of 8

Global Sugar Art has them. They are called tappits.

CasperCakeCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CasperCakeCreations Posted 21 Aug 2011 , 5:28pm
post #3 of 8

I use FMM Funky Alphabet Set to make the curvy font. I got mine at International Sugar Art, located in Norcross, GA. They have a website, which you can order from. Chef Christopher Lodge is the owner.

kharvey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kharvey Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 12:48pm
post #4 of 8

Awesome!!! Thanks!!

dchockeyguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchockeyguy Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 1:59pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasperCakeCreations

I use FMM Funky Alphabet Set to make the curvy font. I got mine at International Sugar Art, located in Norcross, GA. They have a website, which you can order from. Chef Christopher Lodge is the owner.

Just a slight correction here, but his first name is Nick. icon_smile.gif

dchockeyguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchockeyguy Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 2:00pm
post #6 of 8

There's also a new product on the market called "Click Stix" (I may have the spelling wrong. They are similar to tappits, but it appears they might be easier to get the letters out of. I know several people have problems getting letters out of tappits (But not everyone does).

jewels710 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jewels710 Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 3:15pm
post #7 of 8

Searched Click Stix, did not come up with anything related...do you know where we can find them or what the exact name is?

kimboann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimboann Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 3:43pm
post #8 of 8

Clikstix is the correct spelling and are available at Global Sugar Art as well as many other online stores. Try Googling (real word...lol) it again.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%