I Need Help!!! Pixar's Cars Themed Cake! Any Ideas????

Decorating By CookingMomma Updated 4 Aug 2011 , 1:24am by tokazodo

CookingMomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookingMomma Posted 2 Aug 2011 , 11:39pm
post #1 of 10

Plsss i am making a birthday cake for a friend they want cars as the theme, particularly lighning mcqueen! I am running out of ideas. Plss help me. Thanks!

9 replies
cakestyles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakestyles Posted 3 Aug 2011 , 12:30am
post #2 of 10
tdovewings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tdovewings Posted 3 Aug 2011 , 1:02am
post #3 of 10

williams and sonoma sells a cars caklet pan. How about a sheet cake as a race track with the cars caklets on the track.

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/cars-2-cakelet-pan/?pkey=e|cars|8|best|0|1|24||2&cm_src=PRODUCTSEARCH||NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_-NoMerchRules-_-

tokazodo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tokazodo Posted 3 Aug 2011 , 1:15am
post #4 of 10

Recently, (I can't remember if it was here on cc) I saw a photo of a three tier 'Cars', cake. Each tier had one of the faces of the 'Car', characters. They were not shaped cakes, simply three round tiers with the facial features of the characters. It struck my interest because car cakes appear so hard to do. I don't think I could carve a car cake and have it come out looking like a car.
I can't find the photo, either or I'd post it here.

CookingMomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookingMomma Posted 3 Aug 2011 , 2:20am
post #5 of 10

I am not confident too in carving cakes. But thanks for the ideas guys!

cookiescookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiescookies Posted 3 Aug 2011 , 3:24am
post #6 of 10

I made a Lightening McQueen cake using the wilton 3D car pan. I only had to slightly carve the cake a bit to make it look like a sports car. It was pretty simple, and it turned out great considering it was one of the first cakes I made.

I tried to post a picture, but it doesn't look like I can add attachments. You can see the 3D Cars Cake here http://www.celebrationcookies.ca/cakes.html.

Good luck!

KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathysCC Posted 3 Aug 2011 , 1:45pm
post #7 of 10

I suggest doing a search in the Cake Central galleries. There are hundreds of Cars cakes there.

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 3 Aug 2011 , 2:03pm
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokazodo

Recently, (I can't remember if it was here on cc) I saw a photo of a three tier 'Cars', cake. Each tier had one of the faces of the 'Car', characters. They were not shaped cakes, simply three round tiers with the facial features of the characters. It struck my interest because car cakes appear so hard to do. I don't think I could carve a car cake and have it come out looking like a car.

YAY! That was my cake! icon_smile.gif It's the last one in my pics ... super simple, but gives the feel of the characters while preserving your traditional cake shape icon_smile.gif. It's my most recent pic, if you want to take a look icon_smile.gif.

mrsg1111 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsg1111 Posted 3 Aug 2011 , 2:12pm
post #9 of 10

I did one about 4 years ago.. i made a 2 tier cake - both 12", then i carved a road going down and around teh side of the cake (you can see it in my photos). I made the finish line on top iwth flags. The sides/walls of the cake i checkered with black fondant and i used Lightening McQueen car as the topper at the finish line.

tokazodo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tokazodo Posted 4 Aug 2011 , 1:24am
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by emiyeric

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokazodo

YAY! That was my cake! icon_smile.gif It's the last one in my pics ... super simple, but gives the feel of the characters while preserving your traditional cake shape icon_smile.gif. It's my most recent pic, if you want to take a look icon_smile.gif.

Yes, yes yes! Thanks emiyerc! This was the cake I was speaking of! It was adorable and I didn't save it the first time but I sure did now! I searched for 30 minutes and couldn't find that picture! I thought it was so clever that you got the point across, but didn't carve the cake.Very nicely done! I've attached (tried to attach) YOUR photo, emiyerc!
Well, I couldn't attach the photo, but here's the link to it!
http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2106579

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%