Strawberry Filling? First Time Making It, Need Ideas. Ah =/

Baking By weidertm24 Updated 2 Aug 2011 , 6:10am by leafO

weidertm24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weidertm24 Posted 2 Aug 2011 , 2:42am
post #1 of 11

I need ideas for a strawberry filling, just wanted to know everyone's opinions on their favorite. Its going to be a chocolate cake with one half of it with strawberry filling the other half a custard filling. I'm also not sure what kind of icing to use. Ah I usually do simple things like chocolate with fudge and chocolate buttercream. This is my first cake with different fillings..

HELP PLEASE..
Thanks.

10 replies
Darstus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Darstus Posted 2 Aug 2011 , 2:53am
post #2 of 11

Seedless strawberry preserves works! Be sure to pipe a dam of buttercream around the outside. I have also added this to buttercream and then used as a filling. Be sure to get SEEDLESS.

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 2 Aug 2011 , 2:58am
post #3 of 11

If you can't find seedless nuke the jame in the microwave and run it through a strainer. No fun but works in a pinch.

I do a strawberry cream filling. As mentioned above you can add jam to your regular buttercream but to change up the flavor and texture I use a hi-ratio shortening for my frosting. For my fillings, I use butter, powdered sugar and jam. I think with the custard the straight jam would be a better contrast of flavor and texture but in the future the jams mixed in buttercream make a great very stable filling.

TheBakingNurse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheBakingNurse Posted 2 Aug 2011 , 3:23am
post #4 of 11

My favorite is a moch cheese cake filling with fresh sliced strawberries! Only downfall from this cake is that it does not last very long due to using fresh cut fruit. I have also made my own strawberry filling by adding strawberries sugar corn starch and water and a splash of lemon in a sauce pan and reducing it. I strain it as meantioned above and let it cool completely. Another twist if your in a hurry you can try the strawberry pie filling... i use this for my banana split cake! HTH!

angelleyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelleyes Posted 2 Aug 2011 , 3:41am
post #5 of 11

I have a question... I am kinda limited on supplies.. I have frozen strawberrys.. and need a recipe quick.. Im out of corn starch also grr.. Is there anything else I can whip up real quick?

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 2 Aug 2011 , 3:50am
post #6 of 11

AngelKeyes,
1stick softened butter
1 1/2 lb of powdered sugar
1/2 to 3/4 cup thawed strawberries

Mix it all together with a hand mixer. Using fresh fruit requires refrigeration but it's quick tasty and you should have all the ingredients in your kitchenicon_smile.gif

angelleyes Posted 2 Aug 2011 , 3:55am
post #7 of 11

I sure do thank u soooo much!!!!

Bev

angelleyes Posted 2 Aug 2011 , 3:56am
post #8 of 11

Is this for a filling?

srkmilklady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
srkmilklady Posted 2 Aug 2011 , 4:05am
post #9 of 11

I just used this recipe from the recipe section here on CC yesterday for my DH's birthday and it was a big hit! I had strawberry cake and chocolate cake layers with this recipe in between. Delicious! thumbs_up.gif

Strawberries n Cream Mousse
Ingredients
1 large pkg of Instant Vanilla Jello Pudding
1 Pint of Heavy Whipping Cream
2-3 tablespoons of Strawberry Jello Gelatin Powder (you can add more or less depending on how much strawberry taste you want!)
Instructions
Mix Heavy whipping cream on med-high. Slowly add all of the contents of the Instant Vanilla pudding and strawberry gelatin powder to whipping cream until it reaches a thick mousse and all of the gelatin and pudding mix is dissolved
Then Refridgerate! I use this in cupcakes and cake fillings.

nicoles0419 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicoles0419 Posted 2 Aug 2011 , 4:38am
post #10 of 11

strawberry jello and heavy whipping cream

leafO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leafO Posted 2 Aug 2011 , 6:10am
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelleyes

I have a question... I am kinda limited on supplies.. I have frozen strawberrys.. and need a recipe quick.. Im out of corn starch also grr.. Is there anything else I can whip up real quick?

I usually will use frozen strawberries when I make strawberry buttercream. I mash the strawberries and combine with sugar in a saucepan and then cook it down until the sugar is dissolved and it's a thick syrup. I let it cool and then add it to the buttercream instead of milk. I usually add a bit of strawberry extract to up the flavor a bit if I have it. hth

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%