Cute

Lounge By Nazarine Updated 26 Jul 2011 , 3:49am by saffronica

Nazarine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nazarine Posted 24 Jul 2011 , 2:14pm
post #1 of 11

The other night, I put dinner on the table and my 3 year old son immediately starts to whine that he doesn't like dinner. No amount of cajoling by me or my 4 year old daughter could get him to try his veggies. This was the conversation:

Me: Wyatt, I am NOT making anything else. That's your dinner. I'm not a short order cook. (Wyatt starts that little pout and whine)
Hayden: Yeah, Wy. Mom is not a cook, she's a cake decorator.
Wyatt: (perking up immensely). THERE'S CAKE?!?!?!?!

10 replies
crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 24 Jul 2011 , 2:26pm
post #2 of 11

Out of the mouths of babes......adorable.

markiesjules Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
markiesjules Posted 24 Jul 2011 , 2:27pm
post #3 of 11

Too funny!! icon_lol.gif

ConfectionsCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConfectionsCC Posted 24 Jul 2011 , 2:52pm
post #4 of 11

How sweet icon_biggrin.gif

Lemmers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lemmers Posted 24 Jul 2011 , 2:59pm
post #5 of 11

That's so sweet icon_smile.gif

My little girl has literally just turned 2, and clearly my caking has had an effect- the only other food she knows to say is 'nana' (banana) and juice, but as soon as she see's the mixing bowls she lets out a screech of "cake!!!!". Her Birthday yesterday consisted of her hanging around the food table pointing and yelling 'cake, pease".

Nazarine Posted 24 Jul 2011 , 3:07pm
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemmers

My little girl has literally just turned 2, and clearly my caking has had an effect- the only other food she knows to say is 'nana' (banana) and juice, but as soon as she see's the mixing bowls she lets out a screech of "cake!!!!". Her Birthday yesterday consisted of her hanging around the food table pointing and yelling 'cake, pease".

Haha! Adorable! It's so funny what they pick up. I made a cake for my friend's birthday party. My son walks up to a guest (someone he's never met before) and says, "See those flowers? My momma made them. They are gum paste so don't eat them 'cause they are too hard". Then he added, "if you wanna eat flowers, you have to tell momma first and she'll make you some out of fondant so you can eat 'em up".

Nazarine Posted 24 Jul 2011 , 3:11pm
post #7 of 11

Oh, and the first time my kids woke up to a dummy cake, they were horrified. When I explained it was styrofoam, my son looked like I just kicked his puppy or something. I felt so bad I made cupcakes. LOL!

Ellie1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ellie1985 Posted 24 Jul 2011 , 3:20pm
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemmers

LOL My granddaughter that also just turned 2 is effected by caking. She loves to sit on my lap in front of the computer and look at cakes. Yesterday I pulled cupcakes out of the oven just before I put her down for her nap. When she got up she made a beeline for the kitchen and pointed at the cupcakes and hollered "Cupcake, cupcake!!!!" I gave her a mini cupcakes and moments later she was back with icing all over hands and face and said "More cupcake Nana"!!! I can't wait till she is big enough that we can make cakes together! After all she is the reason I started caking so I could make cakes for her birthday, etc.

traci_doodle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci_doodle Posted 24 Jul 2011 , 3:22pm
post #9 of 11

haha these are all hilarious. I feel bad because I make birthday cakes for my friends, but my 3-year-old daughter isn't always invited to the birthday parties. I always try to hide the cake from her (only work when she's asleep, etc.), but she's usually there when they pick up the cake and I have to explain that it's for a party and she's not invited. icon_sad.gif

Lemmers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lemmers Posted 25 Jul 2011 , 1:08pm
post #10 of 11

Aww poor little lady! I always feel bad when my LO see's me taking a cake somewhere and she looks heartbroken that she can't have a piece (though she usually helps me with the offcuts icon_wink.gif )

saffronica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saffronica Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 3:49am
post #11 of 11

Every time my three-year-old sees me looking at cakes she asks, "Can you make me *that* cake for my birthday?" -- even if I'm reading CakeWrecks!

My kids have gotten pretty used to the cakes I make being for other people. But they still want cake, and they want to help me decorate, too. So I try to make sure I have a little extra batter to bake a mini cake for them to decorate, and it solves both problems.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%