Americolor Gels For $.59 Each

Decorating By kristiemarie Updated 7 Sep 2011 , 6:43pm by nickshalfpint

sweetstace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetstace Posted 20 Jul 2011 , 2:47am
post #61 of 99

Im completely at a loss....where are you ordering the gels colors from for that price?

ReneeFLL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReneeFLL Posted 20 Jul 2011 , 2:54am
post #62 of 99

http://www.preparedpantry.com/americolor-soft-gel-paste-food-coloring-59.aspx

Here is the link that someone posted on the first page.

JenFailla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenFailla Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 4:09pm
post #63 of 99

Hi, I got my first order (of 2) and called the company to check on the second order. The man I spoke to was SO SO nice. What happened is that all of us great CC'ers had flooded to his site and he completely ran out of stock. He was so apologetic and said he's rushed an order from his supplier and will ship them out asap. He asked me to post this info on here because he felt so bad about it- and he said there were over 400 orders that this effected, and in trying to fill them all, I'm sure he couldn't personally respond to that many people. So rest assured, they will be coming- as soon as he gets them. Have a great day everyone, and happy caking! icon_smile.gif

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 4:14pm
post #64 of 99

Thanks for the info! I got 2 of 4 of my orders, I really didn't need them, but at that price I couldn't pass them up.

So I'm patient icon_biggrin.gif

theCword Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theCword Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 4:15pm
post #65 of 99

ha! Thats funny. Do ya'll think them sitting in hot weather will mess them up? I haven't received my order yet (hopefully will today) but I'll be going out of town for the whole weekend. I'm scared they'll get here Friday or Saturday and sit until Monday.

chefandbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefandbaker Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 5:39am
post #66 of 99

Thank you for this. I was asking for these colors for my birthday (the local shoppe was overcharging on these at $2.50 a bottle), but now I don't have to wait! Yay!

platinumlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
platinumlady Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 6:16am
post #67 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromScratchSF

Thanks for the info! I got 2 of 4 of my orders, I really didn't need them, but at that price I couldn't pass them up.

So I'm patient icon_biggrin.gif

I thought I was the only one that ordered 4 times...I couldn't help it... icon_biggrin.gif
I ordered one faster than the others icon_confused.gif Don't know why....but I gotten that order & I emails the others are on their way.

When I first saw this post earlier that day I used their super red & it was so much better tasting & didn't need a lot. So I am switching over from Wilton to AmeriColor

platinumlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
platinumlady Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 6:19am
post #68 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenFailla

Hi, I got my first order (of 2) and called the company to check on the second order. The man I spoke to was SO SO nice. What happened is that all of us great CC'ers had flooded to his site and he completely ran out of stock. He was so apologetic and said he's rushed an order from his supplier and will ship them out asap. He asked me to post this info on here because he felt so bad about it- and he said there were over 400 orders that this effected, and in trying to fill them all, I'm sure he couldn't personally respond to that many people. So rest assured, they will be coming- as soon as he gets them. Have a great day everyone, and happy caking! icon_smile.gif

WOW! That can be exciting & overwhelming at the same time. I know the company is thankful about the boost in sales...

Thanks so much for sharing.

ReneeFLL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReneeFLL Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 2:37pm
post #69 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenFailla

Did he have any idea as to when his supplies will be in and he can ship the orders?

CakinKimi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakinKimi Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 3:47pm
post #70 of 99

Does anyone know if this the normal price for these on the website, or if it's just a limited time price?

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 6:33pm
post #71 of 99

I believe it is a limited-time price. It is also supposed to be limited to one order per customer, but it appears that they are overlooking that, probably hoping that their good will brings customers back to their site for other things.

JWinslow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JWinslow Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 7:15pm
post #72 of 99

JenFailla, thanks for all the info. I thought my shipment was on the slow side. I won't worry about it then.

JenFailla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenFailla Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 7:34pm
post #73 of 99

No problem. I'm not sure when the orders would be shipped out. He was just so nice and sincere that I really didn't want to give him a hard time. As we've all seen on here, many of us (including me) placed multiple orders. He said very soon, so I'll give it a few more days. If I hear anything else, I'll be sure to post it.

chinadoll652003 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chinadoll652003 Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 8:21pm
post #74 of 99

Wow fantastic deal! I just ordered them. Thanks s much for posting this. I usually pay well over $3 ea. for mine.

SweetSuzieQ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSuzieQ Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 5:40am
post #75 of 99

Anyone from Canada order? When I put in my postal code, it said "5 digit zip code please" even though it states zip or postal code.

SweetSuzieQ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSuzieQ Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 5:43am
post #76 of 99

Oh, never mind...the shipping quote on page 1 doesn't work but, if you continue through and enter your information it gives you a shipping price to choose.

shawna29xx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shawna29xx Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 6:35am
post #77 of 99

Ugggggghh icon_mad.gif Ordered mine on the 12 th when I first heard prepared pantry was having a sell and still haven't received them! It was 2 order but I was told that they ran out and was waiting on a new shipment and I would receive them when they get the order. But they took payment on the 12th when the order was placed! I hope they send my orders or at least apologize and refund my money. I needed the colors for a cake I have to deliever on Sunday!

sgalvan62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgalvan62 Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 7:29am
post #78 of 99

icon_biggrin.gif Thanks just ordered some!

MamaMarsha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaMarsha Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 4:07pm
post #79 of 99

Just talked to customer service and he said that they received a shipment of colors Fri. so will be filling orders on Mon. hopefully we will be seeing our orders soon. icon_smile.gif

jenng1482 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenng1482 Posted 25 Jul 2011 , 10:21pm
post #80 of 99

I just spoke with Prepared pantry about the delayed orders. He told me that generally when they run this sale, they get 15-20 orders. This time, because of Cake Central, they received hundreds of orders! They ran out of inventory, as did Americolor. He said they just received all the product and will finish getting the orders out early this week. He apologized for the delay.

Way to stimulate the economy Cake Central!

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 29 Jul 2011 , 3:15am
post #81 of 99

I just got my second order in a bubble-envelope. Everything's fine, nothing spilled, but I did notice that on 4 of 6 the top was loose! My advice: as soon as you get yours, tighten the tops.

mplaidgirl2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mplaidgirl2 Posted 29 Jul 2011 , 3:31am
post #82 of 99

Got an email that mine shipped today

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 29 Jul 2011 , 3:40am
post #83 of 99

I have gotten all 4 orders! Big score for the month.

mandyloo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandyloo Posted 29 Jul 2011 , 4:08am
post #84 of 99

Mine arrived quickly and intact in a bubble envelope.
icon_biggrin.gif

CakeCrystals Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeCrystals Posted 29 Jul 2011 , 5:14pm
post #85 of 99

I placed my 2nd order this week and will be placing another one maybe Monday. I'm trying to space the orders out to avoid order/shipping confusion.

tigachu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tigachu Posted 29 Jul 2011 , 5:48pm
post #86 of 99

Thank you, just ordered it!

vtcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vtcake Posted 31 Jul 2011 , 1:28am
post #87 of 99

it did take almost 3 weeks to get mine, but they arrived safely.

kristiemarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristiemarie Posted 3 Aug 2011 , 2:26pm
post #88 of 99

It's back! Or rather, still around? Either way.....you can still get them for the .59!

Colorful-Bliss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Colorful-Bliss Posted 3 Aug 2011 , 6:58pm
post #89 of 99

I just ordered mine. I was wondering why you are ordering seperately. I chose my colors then went back and chise more. I was able to order 30 in one order. Saved a lot on shipping that way!

kristiemarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristiemarie Posted 3 Aug 2011 , 7:07pm
post #90 of 99

Really? I got a message that said I couldn't add more than 6.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%