Help Getting Started

Decorating By HDeere Updated 19 Jun 2011 , 5:38am by bcake1960

HDeere Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HDeere Posted 19 Jun 2011 , 3:55am
post #1 of 3

Hi! My name is Heather, and I'm 15 years old. I have a very strong desire to bake, and decorate cakes. I mean this website has made my day, I must say. But I have NO idea how to start! Ive made one cake that looked pretty decent I must say, but I have no idea what I'm doing. I'd like to start decorating and selling cakes as soon as possible. I feel like I need all the help I can get! If you have any advice I'd be very appreciative!! icon_biggrin.gif
Thanks y'all!!

2 replies
LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 19 Jun 2011 , 4:13am
post #2 of 3

Best advice I can give is to read this site and watch videos on youtube. That's how I learnt, I've never had a single class.

If I have a question, before I ask it on here I type in google (question/subject which I want to know about) followed by the words (cake central) and it usually brings up loads of past topics, read through them and if you are still unsure post your question. Everyone who comes on this site is here to share knowledge.

bcake1960 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bcake1960 Posted 19 Jun 2011 , 5:38am
post #3 of 3

I purchased a Wilton yearbook and a character pan.. and Master set of tips.. 26 years ago.. It was wintertime.. and I did not drive in the snow.. so I made a batch of frosting and played and played.. every wilton year book has an instruction section. to show how to do all the effects used in the book.. It proved to be invaluable.. I didn't take a class until I had been decorating for 23 years.. That was a good thing too... Welcome to the Sugar World!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%