Using Milk To Connect Fondant...am I In Trouble?

Decorating By static6676 Updated 15 Jun 2011 , 6:08pm by Cakepro

static6676 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
static6676 Posted 15 Jun 2011 , 7:26am
post #1 of 4

Hey everyone,

Not sure why I used milk instead of water, but I made a whole bunch of fondant flowers that are put together with milk. I stored them at room temperature, but now I'm worried that the milk in them (trace as it is) will go bad. Can anybody tell me, should I be worried? They have to keep for three more days. I just want to make sure I don't go and poison anybody by accident icon_eek.gif

3 replies
Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 15 Jun 2011 , 7:54am
post #2 of 4

Wow, I thought in 14 years of teaching Wilton classes I'd heard everything, but this is a new one for me! LOL

I seriously doubt your flowers with a drop of dried milk in them will pose any health risk to anyone, but for your own peace of mind, you may want to tell the people who will be eating the cake that the flowers are decorative and instruct them not to eat them.

The milk and the fondant totally dry out so I am pretty sure that no funky bacteria can grow. Eat one yourself right now and see how you feel tomorrow! icon_biggrin.gif

static6676 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
static6676 Posted 15 Jun 2011 , 1:06pm
post #3 of 4

lol - yeah i guess i'm being a little paranoid, huh icon_confused.gif I don't know why I got so worked up about it, but it's a huge relief to get some input! Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to such a novice question; I really appreciate it!

And you're right, I just ate one myself - no better way to ensure their safety, right? thumbs_up.gif

I look forward to learning as much as I can about decorating cakes! It's been an on-and-off hobby for years, but I really want to step up my skills, see how far I can go with it icon_smile.gif

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 15 Jun 2011 , 6:08pm
post #4 of 4

This is a great place to learn so much! icon_smile.gif Welcome!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%