Ad In The Middle Of The Page

Decorating By jenabbott00 Updated 12 Jun 2011 , 12:48am by theresaf

jenabbott00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenabbott00 Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 3:23pm
post #1 of 9

Is anyone else having a problem with the virginia beach ad that pops up in the corner and blocks stuff so you can't read the whole post? I can't get it to move or go away.

8 replies
Sangriacupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sangriacupcake Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 3:31pm
post #2 of 9

This site is the worst forum I visit for ads...the pop ups, the roll-overs, the flashing-dancing-whirling ads!! They drive me crazy. icon_sad.gif I understand the need for advertising, since that helps support and maintain the site, but all the other forums I frequent have advertisements that are less intrusive.

BrindysBackyard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrindysBackyard Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 3:33pm
post #3 of 9

yes and I hate it. The only way i can get it to go away is to leave CC and then come back. I have problems with a Colorado, Virgina beach and Biltmore adds. they drive me crazy!! It makes me not want to come to CC.

mombabytiger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mombabytiger Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 6:02pm
post #4 of 9

I never get any ads because I went to an ad blocking site. Works great! Now, it I could only remember the name of it....But you should be able to google it. You won't get any ads on Facebook either.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 1:39am
post #5 of 9

I hate the Biltmore amd Friendly's now.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 1:51am
post #6 of 9

I never have any pop ups either. The only thing that I get is the flashing some put in their signature/logo etc.

CreativeCakesbyMichelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CreativeCakesbyMichelle Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 1:57am
post #7 of 9

I've been getting every ad that appears across the top of the page pop up and block stuff if I accidentally roll over them. Most of them can be closed by clicking the x in the top corner but not all. I've had some pop up from the side ads and can never get them to close. I end up having to re-load the page and then be careful about where my mouse rolls over. I didn't have these problems until like a month or so ago. No pop ups before then.

MaurorLess67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaurorLess67 Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 2:34am
post #8 of 9

The add is STILL there!!!! It is awful--- I tried everything to get rid of it- pressing the little x in the corner, goingto different sections of the site, I restarted my computer numerous times-- I really hope the Adminstartors of the site do soemthing about this- This is very disturbing, disrubtive, annoying, and frustrating- If you read our posts (which I know you do-ha) PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!!

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 12 Jun 2011 , 12:48am
post #9 of 9

That Virginia ad is super annoying. I tried clicking every spot too and finally clicked off the site and got back on!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%