Marble Cake With Fudge Filling And White Icing?????

Decorating By kimma1299 Updated 18 May 2011 , 3:00pm by kimma1299

kimma1299 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimma1299 Posted 17 May 2011 , 5:27pm
post #1 of 8

I have a former student who asked me to do her graduation cake. THe bottom layer is chocolate with vanilla buttercream, the middle is marble with fudge filling, and the top is yellow. It all to have a white buttercream and black swirls. My question is this.... the middle marble cake with fudge filling.... how do you blend the two so I can still use a white icing?

7 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 17 May 2011 , 6:35pm
post #2 of 8

I'm not sure I understand your question??

What do you think you need to blend on it?

MamaDear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaDear Posted 17 May 2011 , 6:47pm
post #3 of 8

If you mean how do you keep the fudge out of your white buttercream, then before you fill it, make a dam of white buttercream around the entire edge of the cake. Fill it and when you press down on it, rather than the fudge seeping out into the buttercream area, the buttercream dam will be there to catch it.

kimma1299 Posted 18 May 2011 , 12:52am
post #4 of 8

okay, that was sort of what i was thinking, but do you think the vanilla buttercream will taste good with the marble and fudge?

lorieleann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorieleann Posted 18 May 2011 , 2:26am
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimma1299

okay, that was sort of what i was thinking, but do you think the vanilla buttercream will taste good with the marble and fudge?

Oh yeah thumbs_up.gif sounds delicious !

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 18 May 2011 , 2:51am
post #6 of 8

I add a little almond flavoring to my buttercream any time I'm putting it on chocolate cake. For some reason I think it pairs better than straight vanilla.

MamaDear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaDear Posted 18 May 2011 , 4:48am
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimma1299

I was thinking that the OP was talking about vanilla buttercream when she said she would ice the cake in white buttercream and black swirls so the Marble cake would already have it all over it in that case. If that is not the case make the dam out of whatever you plan to frost it with on the outside.

Happy Caking!

kimma1299 Posted 18 May 2011 , 3:00pm
post #8 of 8

Thank you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%