Wedding Cake Table

Decorating By FCCakes Updated 14 May 2011 , 4:07am by 2txmedics

FCCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FCCakes Posted 13 May 2011 , 7:14pm
post #1 of 4

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone decorate the wedding cake table when they deliever the cake? Or do you just deliver the cake and the rest needs to be taken care of?
Thanks thumbs_up.gif

3 replies
2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 13 May 2011 , 10:13pm
post #2 of 4

I do my cakes for friends and family, so I fix up the table so that my cake shows up alittle better.

I did do a quince for some family members that arent close to us, and they were running behind, the person that was suppose to set up there food tables didnt show up, so I did it for them to help them out, since I was not an immediate member of the party, and the following week they paid me for it! I told them no it was ok, they stated that they had paid and got a refund from that person and since I did it and it was nice, they wanted me to take the money and just put it toward my hobby (cake items) and just deal with it.

I know some ppl in here charge a set up fee...?
BUMP?

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 14 May 2011 , 2:17am
post #3 of 4

No. that's what a wedding planner is for, or a venue decorating company. i'll spread out some rose petals or something, but otherwise the table should be ready for me to walk in, set down a cake, and then leave.

some brides have strange ideas on what each vendor is suppose to do. My favorite is the bride who asked if I, the caterer(!), would "cue the band?" My response? "Who do I look like, Ricky Ricardo?" Why would the caterer .... the person in charge of the FOOD!! ..... be the one to cue the band? I'm not hanging out in the reception room ... I'm in the kitchen area.

(VEnt over! icon_rolleyes.gif )

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 14 May 2011 , 4:07am
post #4 of 4

LOL!!! ohhhh Indy, how funny....Ricky Ricardo!!!!

well my cakes are just for friends/family...so I get stuck...and then of course I want a picture of my cake...lol

but you, your a pro!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%