Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting Or Chocolate Buttercream?

Baking By kryptonite Updated 7 May 2011 , 12:51pm by cylstrial

kryptonite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kryptonite Posted 6 May 2011 , 12:23pm
post #1 of 5

I hope this is in the right forum. I am planning on making the AMAZING Chocolate WASC cake and filling it with JodieF's caramel filling. First of all, I'd love any reviews/tips on these two recipes if you've tried one. Second of all, I was considering a chocolate cream cheese frosting...would that be an odd combination? Should I just stick with a buttercream?...or maybe just a vanilla cream cheese icing? Thank you guys so much!!

4 replies
Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 7 May 2011 , 12:45am
post #2 of 5

I made the best chocolate cream cheese filling over the weekend, so I am partial to that right now. I just used icing and threw in some cream cheese and some cocoa powder "to taste" YUM!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 7 May 2011 , 12:59am
post #3 of 5

Why not the best of both worlds - use Earlene Moor's cr che b'cream recipe sub'ing some of the sugar for cocoa powder? &/or adding melted chocolate?

ALVARGA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ALVARGA Posted 7 May 2011 , 12:36pm
post #4 of 5

Martha Stewart has a chocolate cream cheese frosting that also has sour cream and butter in it. It is absolutely divine. I used it to frost a banana cake for Easter and it was a hit. Very rich and decadant.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 7 May 2011 , 12:51pm
post #5 of 5

There is an amazing chocolate frosting recipe on here. I can't stop eating it (after I'm done making the cake).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%