Daffodils Without The Cutter

Decorating By LisaPeps Updated 29 Apr 2011 , 9:30pm by kakeladi

LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 8:57pm
post #1 of 4

I have an order for a cake with daffodils on it, I don't particularly want to go out an buy the specific cutter to make daffodils. Is there any other way to cut the petals out? I know how to make the trumpet.

Could I invert a normal rose petal cutter so the pointy bit is on the outside rather than in, like how you would make a normal rose? Would that work?

Thanks in advance icon_smile.gif

3 replies
bisbqueenb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bisbqueenb Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 9:13pm
post #2 of 4

Here is a good tutorial. http://arakina.blogspot.com/2010/03/daffodil.html
I used a large calyx cutter to cut 2 sets of petals. Then removed 2 from each one and formed them as shown in the tutorial. Worked out well since I did not have the daffodil cutter mentioned.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 9:23pm
post #3 of 4

there are sooooooo many different varieties of dafs you can easily make them without special cutters.
I made some yesterday using the Wilton plastic gp cutter for orchids - it's 3 petals - I used the small one. Leave your gp a little thick so you can roll the petals from side to side to round them out a bit; make 2 & stack them offset. Now make the center - again I used the Wilton green gp cutter; cut 2, frilled those pointed edges and glued two together, rolled it into a cone; glued it to the base petals.

I don't think my attachments worked icon_sad.gif - sorry it didn't attach my pixicon_sad.gif
If you send me an *E-MAIL* - not a pm I can send you the pix.
my e-mail is kake1adi (that's a #one - not an 'L') at frontier dot com.

The link posted is basically how I did mine, except I did the center differently.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 9:30pm
post #4 of 4

there are sooooooo many different varieties of dafs you can easily make them without special cutters.
I made some yesterday using the Wilton plastic gp cutter for orchids - it's 3 petals - I used the small one. Leave your gp a little thick so you can roll the pettles from side to side to round them out a bit; make 2 & stack them offset. Now make the center - again I used the Wilton green gp cutter; cut 2, frilled those pointed edges and glued two together, rolled it into a cone; glued it to the base petals.

I don't think my attachments worked icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%