Anyone Watching This Season Of Amazing Wedding Cakes?

Lounge By Jeff_Arnett Updated 29 Apr 2011 , 6:32pm by AnnieCahill

Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 12:50pm
post #1 of 32

What has happened to the bunch from Staten Island Cakes? They've haven't been on the last three episodes? I know the have their own show starting in June, but if they are not going to be on AWC, then I wish they'd replace them with another bakery for more variety.

31 replies
Debi2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debi2 Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 1:21pm
post #2 of 32

Personally, I miss the Cakegirls. I agree with you though, variety is good. I'm guessing they will come up with someone else, maybe they just needed time to find a replacement for Staten Island Cakes and then time to film some new episodes?

SISA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SISA Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 2:04pm
post #3 of 32

I agree I miss Cake Girls too. I wasn't big on Vinny or the group from Staten Island cakes so that is fine with me if they are not on. Personally I miss Marc from Merci Beaucoup and his AMAZING buttercream talent. I know he had an art background and he did things that most people will never do with buttercream but I loved his work and really miss seeing his talent.

Debi2 Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 2:09pm
post #4 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by SISA

I agree I miss Cake Girls too. I wasn't big on Vinny or the group from Staten Island cakes so that is fine with me if they are not on. Personally I miss Marc from Merci Beaucoup and his AMAZING buttercream talent. I know he had an art background and he did things that most people will never do with buttercream but I loved his work and really miss seeing his talent.

I agree with you about the Staten Island group, and I thought Marc from Merci Beaucoup was a hoot.

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 2:18pm
post #5 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_Arnett

What has happened to the bunch from Staten Island Cakes? They've haven't been on the last three episodes? I know the have their own show starting in June, but if they are not going to be on AWC, then I wish they'd replace them with another bakery for more variety.

I hope they saw that putting 48 dowels on a 3-4 tier cake is unacceptable and they took him out. The dowels had to be cut with a big electric saw because they were also the width of your broom's stick. (I buy my shows in iTunes, but there's a little video of this on the WE TV site). There was not much cake left after all those dowels.

He swore a lot too.

I didn't enjoy his section on this show. I was relieved when I saw he wasn't on the next ones.

I've heard that he and his family will have a show, much like Cake Boss.

Debi2 Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 2:31pm
post #7 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagenthatnj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_Arnett

I hope they saw that putting 48 dowels on a 3-4 tier cake is unacceptable and they took him out. The dowels had to be cut with a big electric saw because they were also the width of your broom's stick. (I buy my shows in iTunes, but there's a little video of this on the WE TV site). There was not much cake left after all those dowels.

He swore a lot too.

I didn't enjoy his section on this show. I was relieved when I saw he wasn't on the next ones.

I've heard that he and his family will have a show, much like .

Yeah, he looked as amateur as me! But, even I wouldn't use that many dowels. ha ha

Reganlynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Reganlynn Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 2:59pm
post #8 of 32

I agree, I miss Mark from Merci Beaucoup! He was so funny. I'm not liking this season at all, it all seems a bit scripted to me and like they're trying to create drama. Just make the cakes.

sebrina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sebrina Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 3:10pm
post #9 of 32
Quote:

HE'S gonna be the star of the new show??? thumbsdown.gif I was excited to see it until now... I loved Cake Boss when it first cake out. But I don't think I will be watching a show about a baker who could be featured on Cake Wrecks. icon_confused.gif

Wonder what the name of the new show will be... tapedshut.gif Ok, time to take my smart mouth back to the galleries. icon_lol.gif

imagenthatnj Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 3:15pm
post #10 of 32

Ugh...Looks like he appeared in 3 episodes of Amazing Wedding Cakes. I'm going to check them right now to make sure we're done with those! Hope it was the first 3, but not sure.

I watched Cake Boss once. I hate the drama. Even on AWC they're starting a little of this "acting." Only Garren's Cakes people act normal.

http://www.silive.com/northshore/index.ssf/2011/01/islands_cake_artist_vincent_bu.html

sweetmonkeycheese Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetmonkeycheese Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 4:01pm
post #11 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebrina

Quote:

HE'S gonna be the star of the new show??? thumbsdown.gif I was excited to see it until now... I loved when it first cake out. But I don't think I will be watching a show about a baker who could be featured on Cake Wrecks. icon_confused.gif

Wonder what the name of the new show will be... tapedshut.gif Ok, time to take my smart mouth back to the galleries. icon_lol.gif

I love that you typed cake out instead of came out... lol too cute

sebrina Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 5:00pm
post #12 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetmonkeycheese

I love that you typed cake out instead of came out... lol too cute

Shows where my brain is, as always! LOL!

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 5:11pm
post #13 of 32

I didn't like watching Vinny either. Their sections of the show was always such a downer! Lot of negativity. Cake shows should be happy! And yeah! what the heck was up with all those dowels? When I watched that part I said out loud "there's no more room for cake!"

imagenthatnj Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 5:16pm
post #14 of 32

Yes, all the girls had sad faces. Then he mistreated one or two. All the swearing at his boyfriend during delivery...

I think it was kind of set-up drama, but I still didn't like it.

I had to hide the dowel episode from my sister who is just learning. I don't want her to learn the wrong thing. They should really put a warning somewhere not to learn to dowel like that!

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 5:23pm
post #15 of 32

The forum over on the WE website is nothing but negative, so out of the new people I don't see any of them except Gateaux continuing on for next season (which I have been blown away by each of their cakes so far. I don't care about "personality", that's not what I watch the show - I want talent and tips). WE is also getting a ton of negativity on their forums for the Vinny Cake Boss show so cancellation after a few airings may be in his future.

Jen

Debi2 Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 5:26pm
post #16 of 32
Quote:

Yes, all the girls had sad faces. Then he mistreated one or two. All the swearing at his boyfriend during delivery...

I think it was kind of set-up drama, but I still didn't like it.

I had to hide the dowel episode from my sister who is just learning. I don't want her to learn the wrong thing. They should really put a warning somewhere not to learn to dowel like that!

That's hilarious you hid the dowel episode from your sister!! That cracked me up icon_biggrin.gif

sebrina Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 6:59pm
post #17 of 32

I just wish they would produce a good quality teaching cake show! You can learn how to make homemade pasta, butcher a pig or bake an entire meal in 30 minutes but not one show on how to decorate a cake?
And my friends are always wanting to come over & watch me. Not to here me scream & cuss but to see HOW it is done.
I mean come on! It is not always THAT dramatic! We all know how stressful it is. If I wanted the stress, I would be in the kitchen instead of on the couch! LOL!

metria Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 7:37pm
post #18 of 32

i've also noticed that their environment also effects my show enjoyment. the poor gals in Cake Alchemy had to work in that little closet of a shop, hardly any windows. i loved merci beaucoup because it had a beautiful, open studio with all that sunlight. the white flower cake shoppe has such interesting architecture inside!

grandmomof1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmomof1 Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 8:01pm
post #19 of 32

I liked Mark at Merci Beaucoup too, exceptional talent. I saw the doweled cake and I thought about the one who had to cut the thing at the wedding. I am sure it looked like a plate of crumbs. There was no way anyone would have gotten a full slice of cake and I am truly surprised the thing made it to the venue without topping over.

jleigh982 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jleigh982 Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 8:20pm
post #20 of 32

aww I miss mark from Merci Beaucoup! he always had me cracking up watching him, and you still got a few tips and tricks from watching him...I am NOT a fan of vinny either and will NOT be watching his new show...I love watching AWC, but often my young niece and nephew like to join me and watch, since they love helping me when im making cakes for family (they are awesome helpers at using cutters to get lots of little shapes lol) im ok with a "word" coming out here and there every once in a blue moon, but the first time i saw a vinny segment, i felt i needed to change the channel to protect their young ears from hearing the bleep over every other word. I hope they dont waste time on giving him his own show...drama does NOT always mean ratings

c-cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
c-cakes Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 8:47pm
post #21 of 32

that topsy-turvy cake would be ok doweled like that if it was for a beaver LOL! Just watched the clip...can't believe it!

Lindsram Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lindsram Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 9:15pm
post #22 of 32

Is it just me or Vinny's black and white cake look like it was covered in what you need from a guy to make babies? I thought it was a horrible design choice and how could you not notice that. I thought it was just my mind in the gutter but then my DH and a friend walked in and commented on it also. Not sure how you could send that to a wedding, unless they wanted a fertility cake!

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 11:13pm
post #23 of 32

Lindsram, I was so distracted by the sloppiness of the quilting and how they applied the rhinestone trim that I never even realized that design looks like sperm! icon_lol.gif

The staff at Gateaux are my new cake heroes.

imagenthatnj Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 11:17pm
post #24 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcee

Lindsram, I was so distracted by the sloppiness of the quilting and how they applied the rhinestone trim that I never even realized that design looks like sperm! icon_lol.gif

The staff at Gateaux are my new cake heroes.

Me too! lol.

Lindsram, most people can't post pictures in the forums. How did you do it??

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 1:37am
post #25 of 32

imagenthatnj, RedRoxx posted how here http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-712674-.html.

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 2:17am
post #26 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by c-cakes

that topsy-turvy cake would be ok doweled like that if it was for a beaver LOL! Just watched the clip...can't believe it!

Hahahaha...I just laughed so loud at this!

imagenthatnj Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 3:15am
post #27 of 32
Quote:

imagenthatnj, RedRoxx posted how here http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-712674-.html.

Thank you! Got it.

Lindsram Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lindsram Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 6:07am
post #28 of 32
Quote:

That's exactly what I do. I use tinypic and there's a code for forums, copy and paste. That's it.

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 12:29pm
post #29 of 32

Did Marc leave Merci Beaucoup? Or is it that they just didn't sign up for another season?

I think my favorite cake of all time was the one they did for the Bollywood wedding! So pretty!

metria Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 2:39pm
post #30 of 32

i remember someone either here or maybe it was on merci's blog explained that 1) they did not want to do another season and 2) marc was always a free-lance decorator, so he was contracted to work with merci but wasn't a full time guy there

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%