How Do You Respond?

Decorating By ljhow623 Updated 19 Apr 2011 , 5:42pm by awatterson

ljhow623 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ljhow623 Posted 19 Apr 2011 , 12:40pm
post #1 of 4

I don't think I can respond, I'm speechless right now.

I'm planning my sweet 16 party and the date is set for May 21st.

Now that powder blue and white cake (4 tier offset square cake, fondant with diamond imprint, pearl borders, swags and sugar flowers). I was wondering if you could do something similar to that, except instead of the blue, I want kind of like a lavender or lilac color. A pretty, light purple color. And the little pearl beads around each perimeter that is shown on that blue cake, I want them gold, a litttle bigger, and I want them to fall off one corner of each layer like a pearl necklace. And instead of the topper on that blue and white cake, I want a little, purple princess pillow, like the one shown on that pink cake. Except I want the purple on the pillow to be a royal purple, and in between each "X" on the pillow I want a tiny gold bead in each one. I still want that white stuff to hang off each corner of the pillow. I also want a tiny crown on top. I also still want the flowers on the cake. You can put "Happy Sweet 16 xxxxx" wherever you feel it looks best, in gold letters. I'm only feeding 16 people.

Maybe a 8" pillow cake would work? I want to politely tell her she's dreaming.

3 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 19 Apr 2011 , 12:45pm
post #2 of 4

"Thank you for your inquiry, the cake you described sounds beautiful. However a 4 tier cake that you have described will feed 200+ people (or whatever it is) and will be hundreds of dollars.
For 16 people I can offer....... (insert what you want, maybe the pillow and some of the detail) the price will be approximately $-----"

My base price is still $50, so without spending to much time on the details you've just told her she can have what she wants, but it will cost a lot. Or you offered her what she needs and told her the approximate cost. If it's in her price range then she can contact you again. If she still wants the 4 tier cake then you can discuss using dummies to cut down on servings even though the cost will still be high.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 19 Apr 2011 , 1:03pm
post #3 of 4

Yeah, I'd just keep it short and simple. Tell her how many that cake feeds and your price. You can mention dummy tiers to her and tell her that price too.

After that it is on her. Maybe her parents have deep pockets and will be ok with spending that for her sweet 16th. Then you can be speechless all the way to the bank. thumbs_up.gif

awatterson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awatterson Posted 19 Apr 2011 , 5:42pm
post #4 of 4

What did you end up saying?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%