Storing Baked Cupcakes

Baking By DebMcGee Updated 5 Apr 2011 , 6:08am by scp1127

DebMcGee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebMcGee Posted 4 Apr 2011 , 7:35pm
post #1 of 3

Hi All

I'm totally new to bulk making cc and wanted to know how is the best way to keep them fresh? I've frozen uniced ccs before and while they're ok they do go a bit soggy.

I've researched a bit and have also read that it's best NOT to put them in the fridge - is this true? I always used to.....

So please help me - my daughter needs to take a batch into her preschool and I need to get busy!!

Thanks
Dx

2 replies
sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 4 Apr 2011 , 7:59pm
post #2 of 3

Generally the fridge dries things out and cupcakes dry out quickly. However, I was worried about a perishable frosting and needed to refrigerate my cupcakes. I put them in my plastic cupcake carrier, sealed the edges with press and seal and they were fine two days later. Hope that helps.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 6:08am
post #3 of 3

Don't store them. Bake them on the day of delivery. You can make the icings and fillings the day before, but all of my cupcakes are baked, cooled, boxed, filled, iced, close the box, deliver on the same day. The customer should have the ability to keep them several days. If you do all the storing, the customer has only one good day.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%