For Chocoholics

Decorating By Annso Updated 28 Apr 2011 , 2:42am by Annso

Annso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annso Posted 30 Mar 2011 , 2:44pm
post #1 of 7

What baked treats would you put in a chocoholic gift basket? I was thinking a triple layer 6inch chocolate cake with rich chocolate ganache coverd in fondant,two or more jumbo chocolate chip cookies,three triple chocolate fudge brownies and a generous slice of chocolate cheese cake. icon_rolleyes.gif

Any Ideas?

6 replies
LaurenLuLu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaurenLuLu Posted 30 Mar 2011 , 8:20pm
post #2 of 7

chocolate covered toffee, chocolate dipped oreos (decorated), there is a chocolate truffle cookie that is INCREDIBLE on allrecipes. It is a cookie on the outside but the inside stays soft, the secret is to underbake. Hoping this link goes through..

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chocolate-Truffle-Cookies/Detail.aspx

manman1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manman1977 Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 5:34pm
post #3 of 7

Nothing says chocolate like homemade fudge.

CandyLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CandyLady Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 10:48pm
post #4 of 7

chocolate crunch brownies made with pb and rice crispies with a layer of marshmallow fluff; mini choc cupcakes with rasberry filling, pb, or carmel or orange mousse (make with bettercream); got to add some candy: choc covered strawberries on top; chocolate covered pretzels, chocolate covered oreos, sandwich Ritz crackers with pb and dip in chocolate (yummo); chocolate dipped dried fruits (apricots, kiwis (do in white for a nice contrast), dried strawberries if you don't use fresh, any kind of fruit; death by chocolate cupcakes; I'm hungry now. icon_cry.gif

sweetaudrey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetaudrey Posted 2 Apr 2011 , 6:38pm
post #5 of 7

BROWNIES! lol
Also...oreo cream balls. It's crushed oreos and cream cheese rolled into balls and dipped in chocolate. TO DIE FOR!

Jennifer353 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer353 Posted 7 Apr 2011 , 12:05pm
post #6 of 7

There is a very yummy list building already (and I'm off chocolate for Lent but really want some now!!) but I would go with chocolate truffles too.
Your cake sounds delicious but the fondant wouldn't detract from some of the chocolateyness would it? Personally I'd probably leave it with just the ganache and maybe decorate it with white choc strawberries.

Annso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annso Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 2:42am
post #7 of 7

thanks for all your input guys, I was of the PC for the past few weeks. I love all the suggestions made. especially the chocolate coverd cookies.. mmmmmmmmm.. I definitely have to try that one. I also like the idea of not covering the cake in fondant.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%