Fbct And Baking Stone?

Decorating By SuzyNoQ Updated 1 Apr 2011 , 2:24am by SuzyNoQ

SuzyNoQ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SuzyNoQ Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 2:50pm
post #1 of 6

In the past I have chilled a baking stone and set chocolates (pb balls actually) on them to set. I don't know why but it popped in my head to do so with a fbct (when I do fbct's I usually tape the pic and wax paper to a cut up cereal box and freeze it after the out line is done, then again when the colors are done, then again when I add the solid backing)..I need an excuse to do one to try it out.

5 replies
imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 3:49pm
post #2 of 6

I think a better way is to get yourself a piece of transparent acrylic, tape your picture on the back of it, tape your wax paper on the front of it and start doing it. At the end you can take off the picture from the back and look to see how it's going to look and be totally confident on what's on the other side. The acrylic sheet is straight, sturdy and reusable and you can use for royal icing transfers or chocolate transfers any time too. I feel a lot better when I can take a peek.

chefjess819 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjess819 Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 4:21pm
post #3 of 6

love the idea of using the acrylic. i wouldnt have thought of it and hate waiting for the bc to set so i can see what it's going to look like! thumbs_up.gif

crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 8:45pm
post #4 of 6

I use plexi-glass. I got a piece, cut from scrap, maybe 8 x 11 inches from the local hardware store for pennies. Works SO nicely for FBCT's. HTH. icon_smile.gif

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 8:58pm
post #5 of 6

Yes, crisseyann! plexi-glass...Can you believe I couldn't find in my head the name for it? That's because it's called Perspex in New Zealand and Australia (I think), and I have a cake friend there, so I kept on thinking of only Perspex and acrylic and couldn't remember the other word! I must be getting old! I'm a graphic designer, so we have the pieces in our art department to use instead of glass when we want to frame something. Mine is about 11 x 13. I guess you could also get them at art supply stores or framing places? not sure.

SuzyNoQ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SuzyNoQ Posted 1 Apr 2011 , 2:24am
post #6 of 6

I am sorry I didn't get back to this sooner, I meant it would be a good Idea to set the board/plexi glass (or whatever you are using for the fbct) on the chilled stone, it will start to set up quickly, I remeber making peanut butter balls and putting them on a chilled stone after I dipped them in chocolate and they set rather quickly.

Quote by @%username% on %date%