Can I Substitute Dark Corn Syrup For Light

Baking By Babs1964 Updated 13 Feb 2011 , 8:15pm by crisseyann

Babs1964 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babs1964 Posted 13 Feb 2011 , 6:49pm
post #1 of 5

in Michelle Foster's Fondant recipe (I will be coloring the fondant eggplant so it doesn't need to be white) I assume it can be but before I just go for it would like to know if anyone else has done this. Thanks

4 replies
Babs1964 Posted 13 Feb 2011 , 7:16pm
post #2 of 5

Bump, help please!

cashley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cashley Posted 13 Feb 2011 , 7:33pm
post #3 of 5

You can it will just make the fondant yellowish in color. You will then have to adjust your coloring for eggplant.

Babs1964 Posted 13 Feb 2011 , 7:44pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks Cashley thumbs_up.gif

crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 13 Feb 2011 , 8:15pm
post #5 of 5

Difference Between Light & Dark Corn Syrup

By Kathleen Jurina, eHow Contributor .

Corn syrup is made from corn starch and glucose. It is used in many dessert recipes and as a cost effective substitute for cane sugar in mass produced foods, sodas and candies.
Light corn syrup is a combination of corn syrup and high fructose corn syrup, seasoned with vanilla and salt. Light corn syrup is clear and tastes moderately sweet.

Dark Corn Syrup
Dark corn syrup is a combination of corn syrup, molasses, caramel color and flavor, salt, and the preservative sodium benzoate. Dark corn syrup is a warm brown color and tastes much stronger than light corn syrup.

Light vs. Dark
Light and dark corn syrup are incredibly similar and can be used interchangeably in recipes. Dark corn syrup adds more flavor to a dish.

Read more: Difference Between Light & Dark Corn Syrup | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/facts_5509064_difference-light-dark-corn-syrup.html#ixzz1Ds7R0azN

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%