Art Of The Cake Deals!

Decorating By Loucinda Updated 28 Jan 2011 , 2:48am by glow0369

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 14 Jan 2011 , 7:31pm
post #1 of 16

I am getting excited, the Art of the Cake is next week!!! I have talked to several folks who are going to be there. There are 4 of us coming from the Columbus area - making it a fun girls weekend!

For those who are interested in the Cake Safe products, Scott and Juli will be there and are offereing 10% off and FREE shipping (a great deal!!) Be sure to check them out! ( www.cakesafe.com )

Another cool business I have found is t-h-e-f-o-a-m-s-t-u-d-i-o-d-o-t-c-o-m - Brian is very easy to talk to and has some really cool items!! (take out the dashes!)

I know there are lots of other vendors that will be there, these are just two that I have personally dealt with and are TOP NOTCH.

Jan 22 & 23, 2011
"The Art of the Cake"
Middleburg Heights, Ohio
theartofthecake.com

Anyone else going??

15 replies
kaseynh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaseynh Posted 14 Jan 2011 , 7:46pm
post #2 of 16

I just ordered cake dummies from the foam studio. He has fantastic pricing and free shipping on some items. I ordered two sets of cake dummies 6", 8", 10" &12" and free shipping! It shipped USPS but still arrived quickly.
Loucinda...I don't mean to hi-jack your thread but you are so right about that site!

Loucinda Posted 15 Jan 2011 , 12:03am
post #3 of 16

Not high jacking at all, that is what I like, people who have used a business and share the great experience with them. I think if they put time and effort into making quality products specific for us cake folks, they should get kudos! icon_smile.gif

sewsugarqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewsugarqueen Posted 15 Jan 2011 , 1:28am
post #4 of 16

My daughter and I will both be going. Missed deadline for class registration but hope to pick up a few classes there. And yeah I am bringing my money shopping when I go. I would love one of those cake safes but don't do enough cakes to justify it... in cookie line lately. However I do intend to get cake dummies and colours..... and who knows what else. Loved seeing all the cake ideas. Really inspired me.
Hope others will be there as well.

dreamacres Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dreamacres Posted 15 Jan 2011 , 3:17am
post #5 of 16

well fiddle-sticks icon_cry.gif First I have heard about it. OK guys, what am I doing wrong? How do I keep update on cake shows. Located in the Midwest, Indiana.

Loucinda Posted 15 Jan 2011 , 3:26am
post #6 of 16

Are you a member of ICES? (and check the events postings on here too!)

dolcebaci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolcebaci Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 4:14am
post #7 of 16

Hoping we dont get snow I will be driving down from Toronto (ICES Memeber to boot)

I am taking a class with Ron Winbecker (so looking forward to his class) my only fear is that my home made rice cereal sheet will be dried out.

Anyone know if I can pick up a premade sheet some where down there?

dchockeyguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchockeyguy Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 3:50pm
post #8 of 16

I'm driving into the snow as well from DC along with Keith Ryder (we're doing a small two car caravan). Looking forward to taking classes and hoping my entry will be finished on time. I'm so behind! icon_eek.gif

Loucinda Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 1:41pm
post #9 of 16

Keith took both classes that I took (he sat behind me for both of them!) Were you driving your car or his? (saw the plates "Cake Guy") but they were VA plates.

dchockeyguy Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 1:56pm
post #10 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loucinda

Keith took both classes that I took (he sat behind me for both of them!) Were you driving your car or his? (saw the plates "Cake Guy") but they were VA plates.

We ended up in separate cars. Cake Guy with VA plates is indeed my car.

glow0369 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glow0369 Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 2:06pm
post #11 of 16

It was a great show.. I attended Rolands class also. I was sistting next to someone from Ontario in my mini bridal cake class. I think she was a student and she was there with her Mom who did the fish cookie class. Great show. Very inspirational... Bought 2 dummy sets from the foam studio and he will try and create something for you if you have another idea, great people. I also won an Agbay at the show... a lucky day for me...

glow0369 Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 2:10pm
post #12 of 16

Loucinda could that have been you I was sitting next to at the Buttercream Challenge?

dchockeyguy Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 4:15pm
post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by glow0369

It was a great show.. I attended Rolands class also. I was sistting next to someone from Ontario in my mini bridal cake class. I think she was a student and she was there with her Mom who did the fish cookie class. Great show. Very inspirational... Bought 2 dummy sets from the foam studio and he will try and create something for you if you have another idea, great people. I also won an Agbay at the show... a lucky day for me...

oh, did you take the fish class with Susan too? That was fun.

glow0369 Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 7:15pm
post #14 of 16

No, but they were adorable... I wish I had...

Loucinda Posted 27 Jan 2011 , 11:51pm
post #15 of 16

glow - I sat behind you in the airbrushing class! icon_biggrin.gif Congrats on the Agbay, you're going to love it!

glow0369 Posted 28 Jan 2011 , 2:48am
post #16 of 16

Oh yes.. I remember you, you have great airbrushing skills..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%