Transfer Sheets

Sugar Work By teddybr218 Updated 6 Jan 2011 , 1:27am by playingwithsugar

teddybr218 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
teddybr218 Posted 4 Jan 2011 , 1:50am
post #1 of 9

I do not sell my things, but give them to families, friends and others. I have been doing some chocolates for soliders and their families, I am getting ready to start looking at making things for valentines day. I love the transfer sheets, but do not like the price. The price I can get them for is $5 a piece. Does anyone know of a place online where I can get for less? thanks in advance for the help.
Cheryl

8 replies
oakleygirl77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oakleygirl77 Posted 4 Jan 2011 , 2:20am
post #2 of 9

www.globalsugarart.com
They have alot of different designs of transfer sheets.

I've never used them because I don't know how to? But I'd love to learn...I'm sure I can do it.

dchockeyguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchockeyguy Posted 4 Jan 2011 , 4:15pm
post #3 of 9

There are a lot of sources for transfer sheets. I tend to get mine from Beryls or Global Sugar Art.

You can actually make your own too. You just need some acetate and colored cocoa butter. You can get that from Chef Rubber.

teddybr218 Posted 4 Jan 2011 , 7:14pm
post #4 of 9

My artistic abilities are not good at all so making my own is not an option. But thanks for the information.

Also if you have not tried it, do so as soon as you can get your hands on some. I love them, as they make things look very nice with very little effort. Just dip and lay them down on the sheet like you normally would. Done! I don't mind things being difficult or taking extra time, but when I am trying to get things done in a hurry because I need so many, these are awesome.

Thanks, for the help, I have searched online and looked at some of the sites that you all have listed, but will check out the other ones also.

Also Dchockeyguy, I am not far from you. I live in Montgomery county Maryland. Do you use any stores that are local?

Thanks again,
Cheryl

dchockeyguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchockeyguy Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 5:53pm
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddybr218

My artistic abilities are not good at all so making my own is not an option. But thanks for the information.

Also Dchockeyguy, I am not far from you. I live in Montgomery county Maryland. Do you use any stores that are local?

Thanks again,
Cheryl

yes, I'm a regular at Fran's Cake and Candy in Fairfax (I actually live in VA, not DC, but saying DC is just easier!). Beryl's is actually located in Springfield, not far from my house. But you can't just show up there, but you CAN pick up your order in person and save the shipping.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 6:14pm
post #6 of 9

just wanted to add that you don't necessarily need artistic abilities to make a transfer sheet yourself. Something as simple as different colored streak/strpes (think red/pink red/white, etc) with a nice dark chocolate can be gorgeous!!! No talent required. I've made them using different colored white chocolate (not even the cocoa butter) easy and works

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 6:24pm
post #7 of 9

You can also use clear silicone (not the red, pencil eraser colored ones) rubber stamps to stamp the colored cocoa butter onto the sheets.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

teddybr218 Posted 6 Jan 2011 , 1:26am
post #8 of 9

thanks again all for the information and encouragement. I will try some of these things. And visit the stores in VA. The only local one I go to regualrlly is Little Bitts. I visit one up near frederick sometimes too.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 6 Jan 2011 , 1:27am
post #9 of 9

You can go to an art supply store and get the acetate sheets, too.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%