What Did You Get For Christmas?

Lounge By karateka Updated 31 Dec 2010 , 7:34pm by emrldsky

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 1:33pm
post #1 of 56

I got a new airbrush compressor and an airbrush cabinet! Plus Buddy Valastro's book and the Ace of Cakes book. Buddy's book is pretty good so far.

So what did you get?

55 replies
Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 1:51pm
post #2 of 56

I got a new Kenwood PM900 mixer with an extra bowl and 2 silicone flexi beaters. Plus my Dad built me a cake slicer which looks remarkably like an Agbay! Works brilliantly too.

LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 2:01pm
post #3 of 56

I got a Cricut cake woohoo!!

cakegirl1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirl1973 Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 2:05pm
post #4 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaPeps

I got a cake woohoo!!

Me too!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 2:20pm
post #5 of 56

Get this -- DH takes me to Home Depot and lets me buy all my cake toys on my list!!! icon_lol.gif I got a circular drywall cutter for cutting the cake boards, plexiglass for my piping practice sheets, blue painters tape for my fondant bows, more hi-density foam refills... etc. etc. It was awesome~~ And the best part is that he used his own HD gift cards that people gave him -- on me!! icon_biggrin.gif (Altogether now... AAAAWWWWWWWWWWWW)!! icon_lol.gif

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 2:23pm
post #6 of 56

I got a Cake Central License plate cover from my mommy in law! She also got me a cute little apron with cupcakes all over it.

saberger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saberger Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 2:41pm
post #7 of 56

I got a new Canon Printer for my EI's (they look AMAZING now!) and my hubby got me the 7 qt Cuisinart mixer (YAY!!!)

bobwonderbuns-how do use the blue tape for fondant bows and what's the foam refills for? That WAS really nice of him!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 2:51pm
post #8 of 56

If you are making a 2 inch wide fondant bow for example, let it dry, then put 1 1/2 inch blue painters tape down the center then paint the outer 1/4 inch edges with a contrasting color. Let dry, remove the tape and voila -- a gilded bow! icon_biggrin.gif

The foam refills are for the Melvira method. I wash mine but I've discovered you can never have too many!! icon_rolleyes.gif

Sounds like everyone made out good this year!! icon_biggrin.gif

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 3:07pm
post #9 of 56

Cricut cake mini for me.
I've only played with it a little.

Sounds like we were all pretty good this year.

ramie7224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ramie7224 Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 3:35pm
post #10 of 56

I got a cricut cake and a cupcake apron with lots of pockets!

idgalpal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idgalpal Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 3:38pm
post #11 of 56

Igot three impression mats and a veiner from my son! Can't wait to play with them!

infinitsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
infinitsky Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 3:48pm
post #12 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayti

I got a new Kenwood PM900 mixer with an extra bowl and 2 silicone flexi beaters. Plus my Dad built me a cake slicer which looks remarkably like an Agbay! Works brilliantly too.

Thia is a winner gift.... thumbs_up.gif

I always thought about making a cake leveler that resembels Agbay!!!!! That must be cool!

Will you send me a picture please? Thanks in advance, but if you do not like to send it I completely understand... icon_smile.gif

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 4:24pm
post #13 of 56

Cake related I got the Wilton 12 Cavity Bar Pan, an adorable Christmas cake stand (I collect them) and a couple of books; What's New, Cupcake? and Cake Characters by Ann Pickard (really liking this one!).

And a nice little chunk of change, some of which will be used on pans. I'd like a set of hexagon and petal shaped and possibly an additional 8" round.

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 5:25pm
post #14 of 56

I did not want any more cake toys as I have no room left to store stuff. DH gave me a Kindle and I love it!!

Manderly42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Manderly42 Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 6:20pm
post #15 of 56

I'm just starting to build up my collection of toys. I got the Wilton Ultimate Decoratiing set, the 10pc gumpaste tools, cake leveler, gumpaste mix, about 30 different Americolor airbrush colors. I got some awesome stuff! We're also in the middle of a snowstorm which might dump 14" of snow on us, so I might just have to break out my spoils and practice!!

saberger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saberger Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 7:29pm
post #16 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

If you are making a 2 inch wide fondant bow for example, let it dry, then put 1 1/2 inch blue painters tape down the center then paint the outer 1/4 inch edges with a contrasting color. Let dry, remove the tape and voila -- a gilded bow! icon_biggrin.gif

The foam refills are for the Melvira method. I wash mine but I've discovered you can never have too many!! icon_rolleyes.gif

Sounds like everyone made out good this year!! icon_biggrin.gif

Very cool about the tape! Thanks for sharing!!! Now I have to figure out a time to try it icon_wink.gif

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 7:42pm
post #17 of 56

I got Buddy Valastro's Book and it is Fantastic..It has quite a few of his recipes as well...I am already done reading it..A very heartfelt story about his family and special relationship with his Dad....

Also great tip about the blue tape..I'll have to remember that!!!

cupcake_cutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake_cutie Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 7:48pm
post #18 of 56

My husband and sister completely surprised me with a Cricut! I'm so excited!

edited to add: I also got Pyrex liquid cup measurers in three different sizes, mixing bowls and a KitchenAid hand mixer. icon_biggrin.gif

cathyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyscakes Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 8:43pm
post #19 of 56

A 6 qt. kitchenaid, its beautiful, haven't tried it yet, hope I like it.

Charmaine49 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmaine49 Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 8:55pm
post #20 of 56

From my youngest son and DIL I got a muffin pan, a pink with white polka dot apron with cupcakes on the pocket and a pack of muffin mix to bake them some muffins.
From my other son and DIL, got a wooden box with a photo of the family on that says "GRANNY'S CAKE GOODIES"..... I was really blown away by this!!

HobbyCaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HobbyCaker Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 9:07pm
post #21 of 56

Since I have 2 Kitchenaid stand mixers and love them, DH got me a Blue (my favorite color) Kitchenaid Hand Held mixer and a Visa Debit Card to buy more stuff online... Yipeee!!!! I have been checking cake toy prices online for the last hour!

steffiessweet_sin_sations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steffiessweet_sin_sations Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 9:10pm
post #22 of 56

wow, some great stuff u guys got!!! my hubby and girls got me a cricut cake mini, and 4 cartridges! i have been watching videos all day, cant wait to use it! he also got me pesonalized aprons! sooo cute! and a new bowl for my ka! i was pretty excited! now to just find someplace to put all this stuff!!! LOL!! we are truly blessed!!!

mommynana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommynana Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 9:23pm
post #23 of 56

my daughter got me a shoot for my KA mixer and an air brush now to figure out how to use it

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 9:25pm
post #24 of 56

Nothing cake related but I did get a brand new 20 qt soup pan that I've been wanting! I've been really missing my comm'l equipment that got sold with the shop and the big pan I made soup and chili in was just not up to par. So yesterday I got to chuck that baby into the trash and replace it with my new one!

didavista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
didavista Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 10:17pm
post #25 of 56

Got my Agbay!!!! Then they totally surprised me with a big comfy computer chair!

jenscreativity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenscreativity Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 10:30pm
post #26 of 56

I got an airbrush gun for the compressor! I can't wait to use it!! YAY!!

greengyrl26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
greengyrl26 Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 10:31pm
post #27 of 56

Got a new Grex airbrush & compressor combo, some Americolor pearl/sheen airbrush colors, an airbrush booth from cake safe, and a gift certificate to Global. Santa was VERY good to me this year!

Sangriacupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sangriacupcake Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 10:32pm
post #28 of 56

The only thing I had asked for some Americolors, but DH misunderstood and got me tubes of Wilton colored icing instead--I had told him, "be sure to get the kind in the squeeze bottles." icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Oh, well, he tried!

But he did get me Alton Brown's new book, some Penzey's spices, a huge Pyrex mixing/measuring bowl, extra large cooling racks, a cupcake carrier, and some cute cupcake pot holders. My kids got together and gave me tons of baking and cooking accessories, and a quilting friend made me the cutest apron. I love my new toys! icon_smile.gif

sechrestloans Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sechrestloans Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 10:33pm
post #29 of 56

Extra bowls for my KA and a new IPad. Using it now!

silverdragon997 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
silverdragon997 Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 10:40pm
post #30 of 56

I got a set of pillow pans, a giant cupcake pan, lots of gadgets from Pampered Chef (BIL sells it) and the Alan Dunn Sugar Flowers book. Yay!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%