What Did You Get For Christmas?

Lounge By karateka Updated 31 Dec 2010 , 7:34pm by emrldsky

HeyWife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HeyWife Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 11:34pm
post #31 of 56

A big cooling grid, sil-pin, and the "Perfecting the Art of Buttercream" DVD. Plus my mom gave me money to buy Cake Boss software icon_smile.gif

pinkbutterfly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkbutterfly Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 11:36pm
post #32 of 56

I was also blessed with baking gifts: cupcake carrier, Cake Pops Book, Cake Boss book, mini snowmen baking pan, pink toolset, Cake Cricut! (purchased ahead when on sale at Michael's). We are so loved!!!

pinkbutterfly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkbutterfly Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 11:39pm
post #33 of 56

P.S. I loved the Cake Boss book! Very compelling story of family, love and baking plus recipes. I also finished it already!

Shermie1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shermie1 Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 11:45pm
post #34 of 56

canon pixma mx870 all in one printer and edible ink cartridge set along with a multi set of icing sheets. MY CHILDREN ARE AWESOME !!!!

susgene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susgene Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 11:45pm
post #35 of 56

Yea! My mom got me Sharon's Sweet Luxuries AND Sheet Cake Secrets DVDs. Also Martha Stewarts Wedding Cakes book. I was SO excited!

Got stuck inside due to the snow and have had a wonderful day with the DVDs and book.

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 11:56pm
post #36 of 56

nothing cake related here.

But i got new tires for my car, which were much needed and although hubby didn't really want to buy me something so practical he relented. We also, had to replace our computer so we got a new one of those. The big thing hubby bought me was laser hair removal, by summer i should have no more unwanted mustache for good.

MissBlu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissBlu Posted 27 Dec 2010 , 12:27am
post #37 of 56

From hubby I got a Salon gift card for massage, uggs and a stain removal pen(Gag gift - I always get stuff on me). He was a bfraid to get the cake supplies wrong, but wanted to make sure I pamper myself as extra money tends to get caking supplies anyway

From my bosses I got gift cards- enough to get an 11 cup cuisnart food processor and take a class not sure if in cleveland or nj (looking at edna's class).

from my immediate family we don't exchange gifts, we just do pot luck so it's all about the unity Christmas eve dinner and Christmas day brunch... we rocked out playing guitar hero and wii resorts.

My niece did knit everyone hats, my other niece made white chocolate bark & my nephew hosted breakfast making omelet for all of us- craftiness runs in the family.

Glad everyone is enjoying the holiday!

Happy Caking to all those who will/are snowed in.

VickeyC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VickeyC Posted 27 Dec 2010 , 12:35am
post #38 of 56

I received a Cricut Cake, an airbrush system and americolor airbrush paints. Santa was so good to me this year with toys for my cake shop. I am so blessed. Now I want to try the Cricut out. I've already used the airbrush. It was awesome, but I need much practice.

justducky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justducky Posted 27 Dec 2010 , 12:43am
post #39 of 56

My son gave me a flatscreen tv for the kitchen. Sweet boy.

G_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
G_Cakes Posted 27 Dec 2010 , 12:43am
post #40 of 56

My DH hunted out some very hard to find and sought after cake pans and cookie cutters for me.

He told me no more baking stuff cause there was no more room in the house....

It was great and today we went out for boxing day sales and picked up even more LOL.

glow0369 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glow0369 Posted 27 Dec 2010 , 1:10am
post #41 of 56

Dear hubby didn't have a clue what to get, so I just got 1500.00cash..most everything was not cake related.. but great icon_smile.gif

Bizzers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bizzers Posted 27 Dec 2010 , 1:44am
post #42 of 56

I got a Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer, which I have been wanting for a while nowicon_smile.gif

motherofgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherofgrace Posted 27 Dec 2010 , 2:09am
post #43 of 56

I got a kopyKake Printer!! woot woot!

motherofgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherofgrace Posted 27 Dec 2010 , 2:13am
post #44 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shermie1

canon pixma mx870 all in one printer and edible ink cartridge set along with a multi set of icing sheets. MY CHILDREN ARE AWESOME !!!!

I got the Epson NX415, have you tried yours yet??? I have to find a spot to set it up!

Donnagardner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Donnagardner Posted 27 Dec 2010 , 2:15am
post #45 of 56

Cricut cake mini and cartridges.... AND....my daughter is home from college for a month and I get to spend time with her.

eringm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eringm Posted 27 Dec 2010 , 2:50am
post #46 of 56

My Mom and Dad got me a KitchenAid Pro 600 mixer...Yay!!! I also received some decorating tips and other decorating accessories.

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 27 Dec 2010 , 3:13am
post #47 of 56

my son got me so many great cake gifts...the best was agbay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yummy_in_my_tummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy_in_my_tummy Posted 27 Dec 2010 , 3:16am
post #48 of 56

My bf got me a fondant/dough rolling machine!! Yahoo! No more rolling it by hand! Can't wait to use it on my next cake this weekend!

Normita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Normita Posted 27 Dec 2010 , 3:35am
post #49 of 56

Hubby bought me a Viking 7 quart mixer, 2 extra bowls for my my KA, a warmer/hot plate so I can use when I'm smoothing my BC instead of running to the sink to use the hot water, and clothes.

cakelady2266 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady2266 Posted 27 Dec 2010 , 3:55am
post #50 of 56

My husband gave me a cricut cake. Playtime for me this week!!!!!

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 27 Dec 2010 , 4:06am
post #51 of 56

Nothing cake related - I got diamond earrings, a personalized tote bag, a Grinch ornament (love that guy), and scented candles.

We celebrate both Christmas holidays, as we have both divisions of Christianity in my family, so there will be other gifts coming in two weeks.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Cakin_gina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakin_gina Posted 27 Dec 2010 , 11:32pm
post #52 of 56

Hi guys,

Just want to wish you all a happy holiday season! I am due a present from my dearest and was thinking of an airbrush and compressor, but I don't know which make/ model to get and whether it's just a useless messy gadget. All comments, experience, thought etc welcomed

many thanks

Gina

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 27 Dec 2010 , 11:41pm
post #53 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcee

Cake related I got the Wilton 12 Cavity Bar Pan, an adorable Christmas cake stand (I collect them) and a couple of books; What's New, Cupcake? and Cake Characters by Ann Pickard (really liking this one!).

And a nice little chunk of change, some of which will be used on pans. I'd like a set of hexagon and petal shaped and possibly an additional 8" round.

Addendum icon_smile.gif: Went shopping today with Christmas $$ and got both sets of pans I wanted (went to 2 different Michael's to use 50% off coupons, shh), a really nice cookie sheet, a good quality 9" bread knife to be reserved for trimming and torting cakes and 4 sizes of cake circles. AND placed an order with GSA for hydrangea cutters and veiners, paisley cutters and a wedding cake magazine. I'm a very happy caker! icon_rolleyes.gif

inspireddecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
inspireddecorator Posted 28 Dec 2010 , 5:20am
post #54 of 56

my mom bought me the circuit cake tool kit and a micheals gift certificate. i giggled and told her i dont own the circuit cake machine to go with these. maybe i will get it for my bd. awesome.

Mommyofseven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mommyofseven Posted 29 Dec 2010 , 6:37pm
post #55 of 56

AGBAY!!!!! Ipod touch,apron with cakes all over,a new cake room,two rolls of fanci foil..my friends and family know I love anything cake lol

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 31 Dec 2010 , 7:34pm
post #56 of 56

I also received an Agbay for Christmas!! I also got a license for CakeBoss from my mother, Flawless Fondant DVD, a Cupcake Courier (perfect for taking cupcakes into the office), and all kinds of other fun, non-cake related things. icon_biggrin.gif

But most of all, we got to spend time in PA with my husband's family. His grandmother is still in a nursing home recovering after major surgery on her leg (long story about her trying to hang her own curtains and falling). Being able to be there and cheer her up was one of the greatest gifts of all.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%