Tell Me To Stop: Looking At Box Under Tree, Think It's Agbay

Lounge By emrldsky Updated 2 Jan 2011 , 4:10pm by JulieMN

dawncr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawncr Posted 22 Dec 2010 , 11:21pm
post #31 of 49

This reminds me of the famous "marshmallow test" psychology researchers use to examine inhibitory control in children:
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=6419395n

I'm nearly 50 years old, but I had no idea until a few years ago that some people actually unwrapped presents to find out what they were, and then re-wrapped them! It just doesn't make sense to me. You don't get to experience the delicious anticipation, or the wonderful surprise of the gift. Plus, then you have to be dishonest and fake a 'surprise' when you open it at the expected time.

Of course, looking at, lifting, and shaking boxes (and posting on CC) are all within the bounds of fair play. icon_wink.gif

mmdiez10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdiez10 Posted 22 Dec 2010 , 11:38pm
post #32 of 49

This is why the presents don't go under the tree until everyone is asleep on Christmas Eve. The kids (big and small) are in bed nice and early with no problem. I am over 30 and still love the surprise under the tree on Christmas Day even if I am the one putting the boxes under the tree. No shaking, no guessing, etc. And we photograph each person opening their gifts, so the surprise is genuine. Resist the temptation, it's only a few days away.
Merry Christmas.

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 23 Dec 2010 , 10:29am
post #33 of 49

I really am never this bad. lol I'm still resisting the urge to pick up the box, but I look at it as I was putting other presents under the tree last night and the dimensions sure are close.

So either the hubs figured out the box size and found one just like it to trick me, I got an Agbay, or it's something else entirely and it's a coincidence that it's the same size.

I just have to last until Saturday morning. icon_biggrin.gif

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 24 Dec 2010 , 2:12pm
post #34 of 49

Santa don't come till Christmas morning!

Don'tchya' TOUCH it, missy!!! Or I'll have to come PINCH YOUR LITTLE HEAD OFF! icon_lol.gif

cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandpartygirl Posted 25 Dec 2010 , 7:09pm
post #35 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by emrldsky

I really am never this bad. lol I'm still resisting the urge to pick up the box, but I look at it as I was putting other presents under the tree last night and the dimensions sure are close.

So either the hubs figured out the box size and found one just like it to trick me, I got an Agbay, or it's something else entirely and it's a coincidence that it's the same size.

I just have to last until Saturday morning. icon_biggrin.gif

Now the answer to what we have all been waiting for....was it an agbay???????? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 25 Dec 2010 , 7:29pm
post #36 of 49

Please tell!!!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 25 Dec 2010 , 7:58pm
post #37 of 49

believe it or not, I was thinking about you this morning and made a mental note to check this thread to find out!!!

luntus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luntus Posted 25 Dec 2010 , 8:27pm
post #38 of 49

ugh the suspense is killing me.... so was it an agbay?

dawncr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawncr Posted 25 Dec 2010 , 9:39pm
post #39 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

believe it or not, I was thinking about you this morning and made a mental note to check this thread to find out!!!

Me, too!

Was Santa good to ya? Was it an Agbay?

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 5:09am
post #40 of 49

I swear I've seen the title of this thread every day this week and I couldn't bear to open it. The suspense just from the title was killing me. LOL

Do tell! Was it or was it not?

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 12:10pm
post #41 of 49

Sorry everyone! We were traveling back and forth today to visit my family, etc. But...

IT WAS AN AGBAY!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif He totally broke the budget but shoot, he manages the money so he can figure it out. lol

And you know what else? My mom bought me a license for CakeBoss! icon_surprised.gif

Definitely a wonderful Christmas around here.

I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas yesterday and Happy Holidays through the rest of the year. We'll be heading from IN to PA later today so I'm not sure when I'll be able to check back in. icon_smile.gif

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 12:32pm
post #42 of 49

Yay!!! How awesome for you!!!

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 1:05pm
post #43 of 49

snocilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snocilla Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 1:30pm
post #44 of 49

Awesome! I love CakeBoss! I got the opposite... I got a card redeemable for anything on my Amazon list EXCEPT the Agbay! Dern it!

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 1:50pm
post #45 of 49

That's awesome, you're going to love the agbay!

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 4:54pm
post #46 of 49

WOOHOOO!!!! icon_biggrin.gif You're going to LOVE it!! (watch the fingers!!)

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 5:17pm
post #47 of 49

What GI said!!!! thumbs_up.gif

cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandpartygirl Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 8:08pm
post #48 of 49

Whoooo whoooooo whooooooo!!!!!

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 2 Jan 2011 , 4:10pm
post #49 of 49

Congratulations! Have fun playing with your wonderful new toy! icon_biggrin.gif