Pink Satin Ice To Be More Hot Pink???

Decorating By mom2twogrlz Updated 2 Dec 2010 , 10:15am by Coral3

mom2twogrlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2twogrlz Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 11:59pm
post #1 of 6

I just received my Satin Ice Pink Fondant and I would like the it to be a little richer and more of a hot pink or electric pink. Any ideas on what color I could add to achieve this??? Thanks.

5 replies
mom2twogrlz Posted 2 Dec 2010 , 3:33am
post #2 of 6

Any Ideas? I am thinking maybe a little burgundy or something.

Jeep_girl816 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeep_girl816 Posted 2 Dec 2010 , 3:47am
post #3 of 6

I like Duff's electric color's "Pink". It comes in a box of several electric colors and all of them are great for added punch. I think they're made by Americolors and sold through Michaels.

mom2twogrlz Posted 2 Dec 2010 , 3:51am
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep_girl816

I like Duff's electric color's "Pink". It comes in a box of several electric colors and all of them are great for added punch. I think they're made by Americolors and sold through Michaels.

I have some of the Duff Electric Pink, but I bought the Satin Ice Pink. I guess I could try adding a little of it to spruce it up. The color on the invitation I am trying to match is a little richer and grown up, that is why I was thinking a burgundy or something like that.

mom2twogrlz Posted 2 Dec 2010 , 7:26am
post #5 of 6

FYI - I added a little Satin Ice red and a tad Satin Ice purple and got a richer, not so girly pink. I am pretty happy with it. It is still a hot pink, just not bright pepto bismol pink!!!

Coral3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coral3 Posted 2 Dec 2010 , 10:15am
post #6 of 6

I use Wilton Christmas Red to make hot pink.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%