Whats The Best Way To Make A Book Cake

Decorating By sweetnessx3 Updated 1 Dec 2010 , 4:53am by cakesup

sweetnessx3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetnessx3 Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 2:44am
post #1 of 5

I have a cake next week for a graduation , 2 books for the bottom tier and scrub uniform on the top of the books . What would be the best way to make the books ? I was thinking since the books are kinda thin , I could use a square pan doubled and carve to make it resemble two books and then cover the bottom of the cake one book and the top to look like the other book . Or, would I have to do 2 seperate cakes thin and stack ? I hope this makes sense . Any sugestions is very much appreciated ! Lisa

4 replies
cakesup Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesup Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 2:58am
post #2 of 5

Hey what you can do is use a square pan fill it about half way with batter...after it bakes it will have a hump in the middle......instead of trimming it to level just cut it in half and put the two edges together....this way the middle of your cake is facing outward....then trim to whatever size you need....hope this helpsicon_smile.gif

sweetnessx3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetnessx3 Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 3:30am
post #3 of 5

Thanks Cakesup icon_smile.gif Im trying to picture this in my head lol ! if I dont level the top off ,when I stack them wont they be unlevel for when I place my second tier ( nursing scrub) on top of the books ? icon_confused.gif Sorry Im just confused lol! TIA icon_smile.gif

Jeep_girl816 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeep_girl816 Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 4:10am
post #4 of 5
cakesup Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesup Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 4:53am
post #5 of 5

I did one and it was level.....I just cut the cake in half and trimmed to the size I wanted.....My cakes usually have a perfect rise in the middle.....it probably wouldn't hurt to level it if it's not leveled icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%