Wrestling Ring Cake

Decorating By denisel Updated 1 Dec 2010 , 3:47am by snazzygem

denisel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denisel Posted 29 Nov 2010 , 9:45pm
post #1 of 7

hi everyone just wondering can someone give me some tips.

i have to make a wrestling ring cake but havin difficulty deciding wat way to do the posts and ropes.
any ideas would be great

6 replies
Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 29 Nov 2010 , 9:56pm
post #2 of 7

You can look at mine in my photos. I used bamboo skewers through 'tootsie rolls' of black fondant for the posts. I stuck them into the cake about an inch in from the corner, and kept pushing until they were firmly into the foam board. The ropes are just the individual strands of Twizzlers Pull'n'Peel candy. I used a little black royal icing to adhere them.

Lesli82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lesli82 Posted 29 Nov 2010 , 10:33pm
post #3 of 7

I molded Rice Krispies into the rounded posts and used skewers in the middle and push it down into the cake. I used red ribbon as the rope for the ring. I hope this helps you.

MissBlu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissBlu Posted 29 Nov 2010 , 11:15pm
post #4 of 7

I used pretzels rods covered with black fondant. wanted to use red shoe string liquorice but only found some pinwheels that i pulled apart and hung in between the post. There is a pic of it in my photos.

kimbordeaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimbordeaux Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 12:01am
post #5 of 7

I molded the posts out of fondant mixed with tylose then stuck on skewer. To keep posts steady without ripping the cake I made fondant, mixed with tylose, circles with a hole in the middle, glued it to the cake and stuck post through it. The buckles, padded thingy that holds rope on post, is made out of fondant and stuck on a toothpick. The ropes are liquorice.
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1569720.html

denisel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denisel Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 10:55pm
post #6 of 7

thanks everyone for the help

hopefully mine will turn out as well as yers. icon_smile.gif

snazzygem Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snazzygem Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 3:47am
post #7 of 7

I made a UFC themed cake (in my photos) and used Oreo Fun Sticks for the poles.

Kate icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%