First Wedding Cake...eek!

Decorating By Cori1207 Updated 8 Oct 2010 , 1:51am by awatterson

Cori1207 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cori1207 Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 4:27pm
post #1 of 5

Hi fellow CC'ers,

I've gotten a request for my very first wedding cake...(deep breath). And I could really use some advice. The bride is luckily keeping it simple with three fondant covered tiers painted gold with a black ribbon trimming each tier.

Where I'm stuck is... I've tried painting metallic before with pearl dust and vodka mixed, but it never seems to have a smooth consistency?

And the bride is also asking for a chocolate peanut butter combination for one tier. I was thinking of a chocolate cake with some peanut butter filling. The problem is I only have a side by side refigerater so I can't do anything that requires refigeration. And should I worry about potential nut allergies of their guests???

Thanks so much!!!

4 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 4:54pm
post #2 of 5

I would try Lustre dust instead of pearl dust to paint with..It should work better.Try and find a PB recipe that doesn't require refridgeration...I would maybe mention it to the bride about the allergy issue and if she still wants it...make sure you have a clause in your contract that you are not responsible for people getting sick from nuts etc in your cakes as you are not a Nut Free business.

Cori1207 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cori1207 Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 10:05pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks Kiddiekakes! I'll definitley try the Lustre Dust. I've mainly just made cakes for friends and family, so this is the first big one going out to a large group! icon_smile.gif

chrissypie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrissypie Posted 8 Oct 2010 , 1:27am
post #4 of 5

Hiya, about the filling. I have made amazingly delicious peanut butter buttercream. Make your regular Powedered Sugar based buttercream and just add 3/4 cup of peanut butter and it is delish!

awatterson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awatterson Posted 8 Oct 2010 , 1:51am
post #5 of 5

They have a spray luster dust spray. It says that it is enough to cover 1- 3 tier cake. I have never used it before, so you may want to practice first. I agree that I would put something in your contract about the peanuts!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%