Duff's Buttercream Fondant At Michaels

Decorating By KellJ Updated 2 Oct 2010 , 10:29pm by KellJ

KellJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellJ Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 7:49pm
post #1 of 7

Just wondering if anyone has ever tried this yet and if so how does it taste compared to Satin Ice?

Thanks1

6 replies
Ellie1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ellie1985 Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 8:23pm
post #2 of 7

I bought the black and it smells and tastes good but it did not get hard.

mommakabob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommakabob Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 8:30pm
post #3 of 7

I've never tried Satin Ice, but I tried duff's and it was pretty good and very workable.

DSmo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DSmo Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 8:32pm
post #4 of 7

I have tried both. Duff's tastes very good. It's very soft so it stretches a lot when you cut it. The Satin Ice buttercream fondant tastes very similar, but I find the texture easier to work with. And it's a lot less expensive.

mickey35 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mickey35 Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 8:54pm
post #5 of 7

I've tried Duff's fondant. It tastes very good and after microwaving it for 6 second was easy to work with. However the size available for the price was not worth it. Satin Ice tastes great, has a assortment of flavors & colors and is priced better.

sweetandi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetandi Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 9:08pm
post #6 of 7

Duff's fondant is made by Fondarific. I generally make my own fondant, but used Duff's in a pinch when I needed some black. It is pricey, but less so if you use a 40% coupon that Michaels generally has available. I was pretty pleased with the taste and consistency. I have read that Fondarific comes in a large quantity of flavors. I might give it a try.

KellJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellJ Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 10:29pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks everyone...

I have a big cookie order coming up this week (red race cars) and I always use rolled buttercream but thought about using either red satin ice or trying Duffs. I always seem to have issues with white royal soaking up the red rolled buttercream so that's why I thought switching for these cookies.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%