Um....math Class Much?

Business By Irish245 Updated 5 Oct 2010 , 5:35am by JadedJenn

Irish245 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Irish245 Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 3:13pm
post #1 of 8

I just got an inquiry from a potential client that lives across the country but having her wedding here in town. She asked me if I would quote her a price on a picture of a cake she has. I told her sure and sent her my usual list of questions to answer. She answers them (including the one that asks her budget). She sends me back no less than 4 pics to quote. I can see that even the simplest of the cakes is over her budget. I do a VERY basic quote on each.

This morning I get an email saying they want the most expensive one and they take my quote per slice for that, multiply it by the number of servings they want and come up with a price that is not only $150 over their budget but almost $250 less than what the actual multiplying should have come to. WHAT??? lol

Some days you just have to laugh!!!

7 replies
LoveMeSomeCake615 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoveMeSomeCake615 Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 3:37pm
post #2 of 8

Wow. Maybe they hoped you wouldn't notice??? Or something??? I don't know what goes through people's heads.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 3:38pm
post #3 of 8

Now, that is funny!

I'm grinning, waiting to hear how you are going to respond to this message.

I mean, really, how do you tell a potential client that they suck at multiplication without losing the sale? Tell them to try it again, and this time use the calculator feature on the computer instead of taking their shoes off? LOL!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

awatterson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awatterson Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 4:16pm
post #4 of 8

Did you respond to her yet?

Irish245 Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 12:06am
post #5 of 8

I just emailed her back and told her she may have multiplied incorrectly and then proceeded to write it all out.....

Haven't heard back from her....probably won't lol...I'll let you know if she contacts me again with what she says

awatterson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awatterson Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 1:34am
post #6 of 8

keep us posted!

Irish245 Posted 5 Oct 2010 , 4:38am
post #7 of 8

She never contacted me again..lol....guess she didn't like that I could add. lol

JadedJenn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JadedJenn Posted 5 Oct 2010 , 5:35am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish245

She never contacted me again..lol....guess she didn't like that I could add. lol

And multiply! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%