Wilton Tall Cakes Class

Decorating By letem_eat_cakes Updated 28 Sep 2010 , 5:13pm by TexasSugar

letem_eat_cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letem_eat_cakes Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 7:29am
post #1 of 5

Have any of you other WMI's taught the Tall Cakes class yet? I have one scheduled for October 9th and was wondering if any of you have any advice.
Did you use dummies or actual cakes? Any problems witht he lessonplan, timing, etc? Any advise would be helpful.

4 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 3:59pm
post #2 of 5

I taught one this last weekend. I'll share what I did via PM in a little while, as I have something I have to do at work real quick.

Are you on the WMI message board? That'd be a great place to ask this question.

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 4:10pm
post #3 of 5

From a person who would attend, I think this would be better with real cake. Anyone can make a cake dummy stable...but a tall real cake...that is talent.

grouchlen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grouchlen Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 4:25pm
post #4 of 5

WMI message board? hmmm, am I missing something?
I have had several scheduled and have no interest in it. Good luck! I have four scheduled for October. Hope they make. icon_biggrin.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 5:13pm
post #5 of 5

To join the WMI message board send an email to: [email protected]

As far as real or fake, I used fake in class. The instructions have the WMI's bring a 14in, 10in and a 6in "cake" to demo on. Doing a real cake would really eat into the profit of the class plus then you have to figure out what to do with it after the class.

You can show how to pillar and dowel with the dummies and then walk around and help the students. I think being free to help where problems may be is more important than standing there and showing it all in real time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%