My Son Came Home

Lounge By paula1234 Updated 25 Sep 2010 , 12:55pm by mbasic

paula1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paula1234 Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 7:59pm
post #1 of 17

my son that has been missing for over 3 months came home this past sunday. One of my scout mon's that I did a birthday cake for, called me Friday nite after she picked up the cake and told me that one of her friends daughter was talking to this guy with the same frist name as my son. found out it was him.

16 replies
iamcakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iamcakin Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 11:49pm
post #2 of 17

Hallelujah!!!!! Thank God!

Oh my gosh, I could hardly open this topic quickly enough!

I hope the transition goes well, and you are able to communicate.
I will continue to remember your family in my prayers...

itsmylife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsmylife Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 3:24am
post #3 of 17

Wow! Glad you finally have some peace of mind. I hope things will improve for you both as time goes on.

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 9:05am
post #4 of 17

Oh I am so glad to hear that !!

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 2:54pm
post #5 of 17

I don't think i have ever *spoken* with you on CC before -
But when i just read your post i felt such emotion.
I can only imagine your feelings of *knowing he is safe and alive* icon_smile.gif

Whatever the circumstances, i wish you and he a future of new found happiness and joy...together.

Bluehue.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 3:34pm
post #6 of 17

Oh hun, I'm so pleased!

You were so worried, we have been hoping for you he would be all right.
ImageImageImage

paula1234 Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 3:42pm
post #7 of 17

he is bi-polar and was off his meds. He told me that he could not think clearly on all those meds. He has a doctors appt this week and i have already talked with his doctor and hopefully the doctor will find the right meds for him. my son told me he wanted to come home months ago but didnt know how to ask. I told him all he had to do was come home, that i would always be here for him. I just want to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers. It is truly amazing that people can have friends all around the world and have never met. once again, thanks. I will keep updating as soon as we get back from his doctors appt.

Adevag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Adevag Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 4:03am
post #8 of 17

I have also been thinking of you and your son. I'm so glad to hear it ended well. I can't imagine what these past three months have been like for you (and your son). All the best for both of you!!!

paula1234 Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 4:32am
post #9 of 17

We just got a knock on the front door at 10:30 pm tonight. We were all getting ready to go to bed. My oldest son was on his way home from work. My son that was missing was taking my aunt home. When I finally got to the door, there was this girl standing there. She asked me if my son was home, the one that had been missing for 3 months. I told her no. She said she needed to see him now. I asked her why. She told me that they had been dating since June, the time that he left. They met on myspace. She said he was suppose to be over there tonight to get his things. She demanded that I tell her where he is. I tried to call him. could not reach him. I texted him to call me asap. He returned my phone call. while waiting or him to call me. I told her that she could leave his things here. she wouldn't. she said she wanted to give them in person. when he called i asked him about her and he told me about her. she was so mad, she was shaking. she insisted that she speak to him. she grabbed my phone, started yelling at me, he agreed to meet her. when she was gone, I called him back and told him not to go alone. he said that when they got there, he said that she threw all his things everywhere. he said she was screaming, thrashing her arms around. He said it was horrible. I told him he really needed to be careful. He said he did not tell her where we lived. All I can think about is fatal attraction.

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 5:45am
post #10 of 17

that girl has got restraining order written all over her!!

sexy_baker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sexy_baker Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 3:45pm
post #11 of 17

It's such a great news to hear that your son has finally found his way back to you...but I'm deeply concerned about this girl your mentioning. I hope this would be the last encounter you and your son will have with that woman. You should still all be careful though, we'll never know what this girl is capable of. Wishing all the best for you and your family Paula. icon_smile.gif

dchockeyguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchockeyguy Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 4:33pm
post #12 of 17

I would keep your eyes open, but not really worry about this girl too much. She's probably just very mad at your son and wanted him out of her life and to give him a piece of her mind. Hopefully you won't hear from her again.

paula1234 Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 5:32pm
post #13 of 17

don"t get me wrong. I a very happy that my son is home. I just found out that when he took his inheritance money with him, he bought a new truck. That's fine. It was paid for. Today I found out that he borrowed money against it from one of those title places. the first payment is due at the end of this month. I am on a very tight budget as all of us are. There is no way that I can pay the high amount that he has to pay. Between him and my oldest, I am ready to find me a hole and crawl in it. Please keep me in your prayers.

iamcakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iamcakin Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 4:04am
post #14 of 17

Will continue to pray for your family.

iluvpeeks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iluvpeeks Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 11:34pm
post #15 of 17

Paula I have been following your "situation". I am so happy for you that your son is back home. That girl thing is scary though. Sounds like she has problems of her own, or just very imature and can't handle rejection. I also know that you are probably worried about the financial situation. You know what though, comes a time when you have to show a little tough love. He got himself into the financial mess, and if he really wants to hang on to his truck, he knows what he has to do. Its not your problem. I am on a constant seesaw with one of my sons, and its no picnic. The money train stopped a long time ago. Keep strong.

paula1234 Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 4:23am
post #16 of 17

I really don't know what else I can take. I have this huge order due Saturday, and I really don't know if I can do this anymore. My oldest son,he is 20, got laid off from work in April of this year, had to move back home, that's fine. He found a new job at a large grocery store chain. working at the gas station part. Said he loved, great I thought. Sent him a text this past saturday, about his little bishon, which stayed with me even when he was out on his own. Told him how beautiful she was, just picked her up from the groomers. He didn't text me back which I thought was odd. He was suppose to get off from work at 4:30 pm. he still didn't call, so I get ready to pick up some cake supplies, my prodigal son that came home was going to drive me, well he kept calling me on my phone, he was just in the driveway. Assuming that he was trying to hurry me up, I didn't answer the phone. I went out the door and there was this young girl standing there telling me that my 20 year old had been arrested. I honestly thought she was out of her mind. She had been talking to my son that kept calling me and she told him that she was scared to death because she didn't know me and she was afraid that I would be very upset with her. evidently, he didn't call me, he called some girl that I have never even heard him mention. she proceeded to call a male friend of his to pick his truck up and take it to where she worked. the girl that was at my house was the cousin to the girl he called with his one phone call. she had only met my son 3 times. she felt like I should know. so she went to her cousin's place of employment, looked through his glove box, found the insurance records and found my name and address. that is how she found me. she gave me all the papers back, the poor girl was shaking. She promised me that she did not have anything to do with his arrest. I told her that i was very upset but not with her. I actually got her telephone number from one of my son's friends and called her and told her how much I really appreciated it. He was arrested for theft by taking. he was letting his friends come thru and fill their gas tanks as well as his truck with gas and not charging them for it. I picked his truck up and proceeded to go to the jail. Couldn't see him until sunday. He couldn't call me from jail because i only have a cell phone.. but he did get a cellmate to call his mom and give her my number and she did call about visitation on sunday. so on sunday me and one of his friends went to see him. It is really sad behind those walls. You have like a wall of concert blocks with a glass and another wall of concert there and you have to gp down the line looking at every "convict" until you find yours. I had every intention to leave him in there until I saw him. By the time his bail hearing came along, he hadn't eaten for 4 days, nothing would stay down. Had to take him the doctor for fluids, he said he had learned his lesson. I am on a very tight budget as is everyone, had to hire a bails bondsman, which since i am a newbie at this, don't really know how they work. found one in the phone book called and met with him, went to court, ran into my cousin, which I had not seen since my mother's funeral 3 years ago and forgot that he was a bondsman. the bondsman told me that his bond would probably be 1000 dollars, boy was he wrong. more like 5000 dollars. when I left the court room my cousin was outside and asked me how it went and I told him. he told me to tell the bondsman that I changed my mind and I was going to leave him in there. He then told me he would do his bond and only charge me 50 dollars. didn't know they could do that.. He said if you can't help family then who can you help. I asked how to set conditions on his bond and he did that for me. This is the first time any of my boys have been in trouble like this. It better be the last, my nerves can't handle much more!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mbasic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbasic Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 12:55pm
post #17 of 17

So sorry you are dealing with this. {{{{hUGS}}}

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%