Help With Colors....

Decorating By kaseysweetkissbakery Updated 23 Aug 2010 , 5:39pm by TexasSugar

kaseysweetkissbakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaseysweetkissbakery Posted 21 Aug 2010 , 7:44pm
post #1 of 4

I have a wedding that I am doing and the brides colors are navy blue and lime green....I know...But I am still fairly new to the coloring process so can anyone help me out with telling me how to make those two colors and actually have them taste good and not taste like coloring... Any help or pointers would be great, Thanks so much in advance to all my fellow CC'ers!!

3 replies
LePetitCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LePetitCakes Posted 21 Aug 2010 , 10:26pm
post #2 of 4

Americolor carries both navy and lime green (electic green) in gel colors. I've used both, and have not had any issues with taste.

tokazodo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tokazodo Posted 22 Aug 2010 , 2:44am
post #3 of 4

Another way you can bring in those colors is by using real colored ribbon. I actually saw a ribbon at either Micheal's Crafts or Walmart in these exact colors. It was a navy blue ribbon with lime green edges and lime green dots. It was very pretty.
Just a thought, not necessarily a good one!
Good Luck!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 23 Aug 2010 , 5:39pm
post #4 of 4

Do you have time to order anything?

If so Crystal Colors but SugarPaste LLC has powder colors in navy and lime. I just used their lime on my ICES display cake, love the color! Their powder colors can be mixed into fondant, buttercream, royal icing... And since they are powder they do not change the consistancy of the icing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%