Runny Mousse

Baking By bmarlow001 Updated 21 Aug 2010 , 1:12am by Cakepro

bmarlow001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bmarlow001 Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 9:37pm
post #1 of 6

HI! I made a very tasty raspberry mousse consisting of creamcheese, marshmellow cream and raspberry jam but it is still not thick enough- I need something, what is it???? It is consistancy of pancake batter right now. Im thinking pudding, any ideas?

5 replies
Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 9:47pm
post #2 of 6

You could try heating it with a slurry of cornstarch. Bring to a boil for one minute to activate the starch. Or just whip some cream and fold some of your mixture into it. A mousse actually has a foam base, such as whipped cream. Just mixing cream cheese, marshmallow creme and jam does not a mousse make...

bmarlow001 Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 10:36pm
post #3 of 6

Me again, I did actually have a heavy whipping cream base, but I didnt whip it first- is that where I went wrong?. Since my last post Ive added a box of jello but still not getting the set up.

Cakepro Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 11:19pm
post #4 of 6

Yes, that's where you went wrong. You whip the cream, add a little of the whipped cream to your flavor base to lighten it up a bit, and then fold the flavor base gently into the rest of the whipped cream.

bmarlow001 Posted 21 Aug 2010 , 12:09am
post #5 of 6

soooo, must I start over or is there a fix? It has stiffened some in the Fridge but it must travel with the cake over 2 hours when done.

Cakepro Posted 21 Aug 2010 , 1:12am
post #6 of 6

Personally, if it were me, I'd make it over again and serve whatever you have in the fridge as a topping on French toast tomorrow morning. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%