Website

Lounge By alracntna Updated 20 Jul 2010 , 10:06pm by alracntna

alracntna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alracntna Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 7:18pm
post #1 of 6

hello my favorite cakers! i have made a new website and i wanted yalls opinions on it. look at it tell me what you would add or change. thanks! www.cakemeaway.net

5 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 7:52pm
post #2 of 6

- The font on the flavors page is pretty small.
- THere is no pricing information whatsoever. Is that intentional? I know many people have told me they will click out of a site and move on to the next if there is no pricing info at all.
- Review your photos to make sure you have no copyright issues (i.e. Hello Kitty).
- Your home page cake is not your best work, meaning you have a 7 tier and a NINE tier wedding cake in your photos! Put your WOW factor right on the front page! Make it the photo that when they pop into your site, the first thing out of their mouth is, "OMG LOOK AT THAT CAKE!!"
- About Us page has some grammar issues:
"From the most elegant of wedding cakes to the most festive of celebrations. " is a sentence fragment. Change the period to a comma and combine it with the last sentence.
"We can make that special cake for you no matter what the occasion." I think this would sound better as "We can make that special cake for you for any occasion." (avoid using negatives in any kind of marketing text.)

itsmylife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsmylife Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 8:23pm
post #3 of 6

On the pictures page...

- in the wedding section, elagant should be elegant
- add a period to the end of the paragraph (or break up the paragraph into two sentences.

- in the children's birthday section, add a period to the end of the sentence.

On your flavors page...

- I agree with Indy about the font... either it needs to be changed or made bigger. Maybe you could break your list down into a few categories (i.e. fruit/nut, specialty, standard, etc).
- need to be consistent with the capitalization
- #21 should be peanuts (vs penuts)
- #29 should be German (vs greman)
- #30 should be Rocky (vs rockie)
- #32 should be Italian (vs itallian)

On the reviews page....

- Should be an 'e' on the end of Shakespeare's name

HTH! You do beautiful work!

alracntna Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 12:15am
post #4 of 6

thank you both very much! i am going to go make some changes right now. thanks for catching my spelling errors i thought i had found all of them. thanks for all the suggestions!

dchockeyguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchockeyguy Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 9:51pm
post #5 of 6

You need to really review your flavors page. Many of your entries have spelling problems.

alracntna Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 10:06pm
post #6 of 6

thanks i just went and fixed them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%